Record Power Show

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodpig

Established Member
Reaction score
I was due to go to the Record Power Show at Yandles on Saturday to buy a Lathe but a mate who went today has just phoned to say don't bother if you're expecting to put it in the car, they have no stock!

Like me he was expecting to load up a RP DML305 at £20 off. So were two other guys at the "Record Power Show". All three of them walked away without buying anything.

Is this how it is these days with Record Power? I ask because I used to go to the D&M show every year when I lived over that way and Record were keen to sell stuff on the day rather than load it all back up in their lorry. Maybe they only sent a car today? :roll:

I guess folks need to know when it's a "show" you can actually buy stuff on the day and take it away and when it's a "promotion" with no actual stock! I know for sure there are at least four very disappointed people and Yandles have lost a few quid in sales today and some good will to boot.

Back to square one, where's that Axminster catalogue and the Jet leaflet ... :lol:

woodpig":dn13ckxj said:
Back to square one, where's that Axminster catalogue and the Jet leaflet ... :lol:

Don't count your chickens with Axi either. Their stock levels are not exactly impressive.

True. I'm also after a new telly and two shops I've been to don't have it in stock. :roll: Still, I've got a firm quote on it from one shop and they're phoning me next week when it comes in.

Axminster and Yandles aren't exactly just up the road so I guess I'll have to phone first and see if they have all the ones I'm interested in stock at Axi. If I still go for the Record I know a shop a bit nearer so Yandles won't be getting a sale even though it's a few quid off.

Don't forget that buying when the show is on, you will get a good discount and free delivery. It normally doesn't take too long to be delivered and the 5 year guarantee is good with Record. Not everything is that portable anyway.

By the way, did you see this one near you ... woodworking-machinery-t90559.html

This is interesting as I was hoping to get to some shows next year - with a large van!! As delivery of large machinery up to Shetland can sometime feel as if it costs as much as the machine!!

I do love Axminster and the service you get, but dear God almighty I wish they would get a grip of their stocking issue. It's an absolute joke.

Where D&M, I've never ever been told something is out of stock (to date).

Jonny

Back