RECORD NO.043 PLOUGH PLANE

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think of this plough plane?

• Great!

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never used

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

joiner_sim

Established Member
Reaction score
2ae9_1.JPG

This is a great little plane for grooving for drawer bottoms. :D
Two things that improve them, add a longer wooden fence to it and make two shorter bars, lets it fit the hand better. 8)

Yes as Dave said

New rods from silver steel - Chronos sells it.
And if you need new blades Ray Iles does them.

Rod

Okay, so far thanks for the replys and votes! Keep em coming! As depending on how my first order is recieved from an online tool shop, I've ordered from goes, I'll order this next :)

Hi,

I've got two, short fence rods are a good thing. 7mm silver steel if I remember correctly.

Pete

What you then need is it's big brother a 405 - I have one surplus to requirements going cheap!

Rod :)

bugbear":2a4zkir7 said:

Thanks for the link to your site, it provided me with a very good descripton of the plane. I'm just waiting for my Eclipse coping saw blades (thanks again BugBear!) to arrive from the new supplier I'm trying out and if all goes well, I'll get them to send me one of these planes as well.

I LOVE this plane! It's great for grooving drawer bottoms and doing small detailed work.

Found some info on this Record planes site. Just basic stuff but the site looks pretty good.

I think this was one of the best ploughs that Record ever made, small, simple, fitted the hand well and ideal for grooving drawer sides. I had one years ago but sold it after I got my router. I also had the Record plough with the truly ghastly blue handle (model no. escapes me...not being a collector of these things :wink: :lol:) - Rob

bugbear":3mmodwop said:
Pete B":3mmodwop said:
I LOVE this plane! It's great for grooving drawer bottoms and doing small detailed work.

Found some info on this Record planes site. Just basic stuff but the site looks pretty good.

When the hell did that appear!?!?!?

BugBear (off to look)

A whois leads to Cameron Miller.

I liked the 43 so much I got two like Mike :)

In fact a friend gave me the second one, that one came with metric cutters my original got Imperial.

woodbloke":2yvcha1r said:
I think this was one of the best ploughs that Record ever made, small, simple, fitted the hand well and ideal for grooving drawer sides. I had one years ago but sold it after I got my router. I also had the Record plough with the truly ghastly blue handle (model no. escapes me...not being a collector of these things :wink: :lol:) - Rob

G'Day from Australia
My name is david and I am a mad Record Hand Plane/Tools collector and I have set up a web site on Record Hand Plane a History and how to date them you can find me at www.recordhandplanes.com It has taken me about 40 years to get to this far
Regards
Stay-Sharp
David

Recordcollector":u4jcguod said:
woodbloke":u4jcguod said:

G'Day from Australia
My name is david and I am a mad Record Hand Plane/Tools collector and I have set up a web site on Record Hand Plane a History and how to date them you can find me at www.recordhandplanes.com It has taken me about 40 years to get to this far
Regards
Stay-Sharp
David

Not sure if I have done something wrong as it says to report to moderator How do I do that??
David

Back