RECORD NO.043 PLOUGH PLANE

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think of this plough plane?

• Great!

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never used

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
joiner_sim":2mu2d8ys said:
2ae9_1.JPG
G'Day If you go to www.recordhandplanes.com this will let you know of The Record No 043
Regards
David

Recordcollector":ecyz0wfa said:
Sorry but but not sure what is going on
David
:D I often feel that way.
Looks like some great info, though would recommend a standard type face - I've given up because it's too hard to read.
Cheers
Steve

dunbarhamlin":2rld51f0 said:
Recordcollector":2rld51f0 said:
David
Looks like some great info, though would recommend a standard type face - I've given up because it's too hard to read.
Cheers
Steve
G'Day I will have it fixed up tomorrow for you If you dont have this font it goes to some other type of font not sure why, hope all will be OK tomorrow
Stay-Sharp
David
www.recordhandplanes.com

dunbarhamlin":jr2zo5vh said:
Recordcollector":jr2zo5vh said:
David
Cheers
Steve
G'Day Steve
Just for you I have changed the font now you may not to get a new pair of glasses.
Stay-Sharp
David
www.recordhandplanes.com

dunbarhamlin":1vvxpj4f said:
Fab! Thank you David. Have had a good look - great resource! No new shoes for the optician's children this month :D

G'Day Dunbarhamlin
In your photo you are holding a Mandolin can you tell me more about it please, As I have been playing Mandolin for a long time now, I have seven Mandolins, The one I use the most is a Mandolin made by Ray Black of Victoria Australia, Made from Australian Black Wood (back , sides, and neck)) Australian Cedar on the front with a ebony key board, Like your Mandolin it has a large sound box, I will take a few photos and put them on here for you If you would like me to,
Regards and Stay-Sharp
David
www.recordhandplanes.com

Hi David
Unfortunately I don't find much time for practice these days.
That's a 10 string (CGDAE) Ridgeback (like a Vega cylinder back but with an asymetrical cutaway and X-bracing.)
Indian rosewood back, mahogany neck, sitka soundboard, macassar bridge, fretboard and binding.
I always use a cylinder back - just like doing it - though bending cross grain can be entertaining :roll:
Next up are a couple of piccolos and a standard scale Vega.
Cheers
Steve

dunbarhamlin":2o0vf7zv said:
Hi David
Unfortunately I don't find much time for practice these days.
That's a 10 string (CGDAE) Ridgeback (like a Vega cylinder back but with an asymetrical cutaway and X-bracing.)
Indian rosewood back, mahogany neck, sitka soundboard, macassar bridge, fretboard and binding.
I always use a cylinder back - just like doing it - though bending cross grain can be entertaining :roll:
Next up are a couple of piccolos and a standard scale Vega.
Cheers
Steve
G'Day all
Just to let you know of a up-date on my site, you will find it in the page on catalogues, what it is, is pages from Catalogue No 10 Jan 1931 this is the first time that Record Hand Planes were catalogued

Love it. Got a new one yesterday, and a couple of variations.
DSC01162.jpg

DSC01163.jpg
[/img]
That is a Patsy 055A top left, a Record 040 top right and a 043 bottom .
I also got a Rapier version of the 043 and a Marples version of the 040. And a Permuvar mini plough thingy too. Which is shamed by the others.
The Rapier and Marples musta come from the same factory as the Records. The Patsy really is quite special, in that the fences are both double sided, which allows far greater scope of use for the plane, although it only takes the one size of blade.

Nice planes.

Neil

neilyweely":3ero7ad2 said:
Love it. Got a new one yesterday, and a couple of variations.
DSC01162.jpg

DSC01163.jpg
[/img]
That is a Patsy 055A top left, a Record 040 top right and a 043 bottom .
I also got a Rapier version of the 043 and a Marples version of the 040. And a Permuvar mini plough thingy too. Which is shamed by the others.
The Rapier and Marples musta come from the same factory as the Records. The Patsy really is quite special, in that the fences are both double sided, which allows far greater scope of use for the plane, although it only takes the one size of blade.

Nice planes.

Neil

G'Day
Do you have a Record No 043 with a single arm? if you do could you send a photo of it Thanks
Regards
David
www.recordhandplanes.com

Thats a Record 040with a single arm on the right of the photo's.

Did they do a 43 with a single arm? I thought that was the 040.

Neil

neilyweely":1n8yyliv said:
Thats a Record 040with a single arm on the right of the photo's.

Did they do a 43 with a single arm? I thought that was the 040.

Neil

G'Day Yes Record made a No 043 with a single arm for a short time THE nO 040 replaced the single arm No 043 if you go to my site that will let you know more about the No 043 and No 040
www.recordhandplanes.com
Regards
David

I bought one in a "junk" shop in Lechlade for a tenner in the summer.

Pretty good condition but it has only one cutter but also has a standard screw replacing the "Depth Guage Knurled Screw".

I don't suppose anyone has a spare screw lying around at all? :wink:

PerranOak":21av27pm said:
I bought one in a "junk" shop in Lechlade for a tenner in the summer.

Pretty good condition but it has only one cutter but also has a standard screw replacing the "Depth Guage Knurled Screw".

I don't suppose anyone has a spare screw lying around at all? :wink:
I recently bought one that was missing one thumbscrew. Mine has the old style flat(ish) thumbscrews.
First check that the previous owner hasn't butchered the thread, by trying one of the fence thumbscrews in the depth stop threaded hole (they're the same).
I had also acquired cheaply, an old Record 735 softboard plane (for parts) and found the thumbscrews off that fit (although they don't quite look the same). HTH.

Cheers, Vann.

Latest posts

Back