Record bandsaw wheel kit -- adjusting?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jemglen

Reaction score
Hello all, my first post after lurking here for a while.

Recently I acquired a s/h BS300 (not the E model) which came with the wheel kit. The swivel wheels were missing but I've fitted it with suitable replacements. Try as I might I cannot successfully adjust the tang/catch for the wheel-raise pedal - either it won't engage or else it won't disengage.

Currently I'm scrabbling about on my hands and knees holding the pedal down while I attach a clamp to hold it in place. Not a big deal but it would be nice to have full use of the wheeled base.

Is there something obvious about the mechanism I'm too stupid to figure out? Does anyone have any tips? I searched here and read through the various Record bandsaw posts and one or two members mention some difficulty with the base but there are no solutions.

Forgive me if this is posted to the wrong section.

Hello Gemglen
Welcome to the forum
Is it the same wheel-kit as this one I made ?
If so, maybe you could try clamping a suitable shim underneath the casters .
I should have mentioned this on the build thread, titled....

Small mobile base single foot lever design clip design

There's around a 10mm difference between the packers/risers under the casters
The larger of the component with the foot pedal ,has around a 25mm riser piece of angle iron
Whilst the lesser sized component has less than 15mm shim square bar stock .
Height was determined by necessary clearance needed for the casters to swivel .

Try messing around with the risers first ,Then I'd check to see if the catch is bent
Also, a kind member took a load of pics to show me the catch on that thread
It hopefully should clear some things up
Good luck

Attachments

• file.jpg
    file.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 53
Thanks for the welcome Ttrees :D

Yes, my wheel kit is very similar to yours. Many thanks for the pointer to your build thread. I'll check it out and report back here when I've had an opportunity to investigate further.

Back