Record Bandsaw Masterclass...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just been down and had a little look,cleaned the bit of dust off that was on there and sprayed some PTFE on.The thread seems fine.
Made it a little easier but as soon as the blade starts getting tension on the wheel goes really stiff to turn.
I didn't think much of it till Matt put the post on saying how easy the wheel turns on the video,i haven't seen the video so didn't know any better.Just thought it was the tension going onto the blade making the wheel harder to turn.
I will give Lee a ring and see what he says.
Alan you are welcome to the Brummie Bash and give a demo if you like :D I'm sure others would be interested.

I've been having the same problem with my BS300 for the last few months. I originally stripped the thread trying to tension a 3/4" blade. I replaced the threaded rod and have done so another two times since. I just think it is a poor design and now I try not to use anything larger than 1/2" blades as I'm not convinced the mechanism will take the tension required for larger blades.

Brian

Latest posts

Back