Recognise this pillar drill?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helvetica

Established Member
Reaction score
Would anyone know what make / model this floor mounted drill press is? Better still any guess to the age? Thanks

e0d0230dcc4e4550378d8b43d3ec0ea8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Helvetica":2q8rxgwz said:
Would anyone know what make / model this floor mounted drill press is? Better still any guess to the age? Thanks

Nutool Pillar Drill, Made in Taiwan in probably the '90s. Doesn't look floor standing to me but might just be the picture messing with me. If you're looking to buy I personally wouldn't pay more than £50-100, They're not that great but they're better than no drill.

Although I think some of the 1980s Nutool stuff was actually made in Britain at one time.

Looks like the one I have but parts of the plate is worn on my machine where the brand name would be.
It says made in Taiwan also and is from 1984 I may be mistaken.
I think mine has a Brook Crompton motor on it, it has two capacitors on it. it is powerful.
The motor could have been changed I don't know for sure.

It seems more solid to me compared to the same sized SIP one I have.
I got mine for 40 pounds, it has a half working return spring (the coil has been snapped so I have to get another)just bodged for now uncurled the spring a bit and bent it again.
Two of the plunge handles are broken...same issue with the lightly used SIP drill..a threaded end that goes into cast round component
this is probably the same with all drills under a price.
It needs a new chuck as the teeth on it are damaged....
oh and the cast crank handle for the table rise broken so I have a wee LIDL welders vicegrip clamped onto the important bit whats left.
Still works, nice solid locking points with no play, and I'd rather drill something precice on it, rather than the SIP despite those niggles

Tom

Attachments

• drill.JPG
    drill.JPG
    217.6 KB · Views: 427
Thanks lads, golden info just what I needed. Ttrees there seems to be something wrong with the contents of your Heineken fridges!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back