RDX 600 i problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joesoap

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi lads
My record power extractor was working away no problem then suddenly decided NOT to switch on . The switch lights up but no life about it at all . I unbollted the cover to see nothing wrong cept for some dust but not too much . I gave it a light vacum out but looks like one of those sneaky little Sparky thingies has suddenly died on me . The filter is as new and has only seen about ten of the 45 litres capacity which is still in the drum . Help please to get it running would be appreciated . Cheers !

You're better off speaking to Record Power directly on this. I contacted them not long ago regarding a similar problem on a smaller model and found their technical service to be excellent; the diagnosis was spot on. :)

Hi OPJ
Sounds like a good move . I'll give them a ring and see what they suggest . Thanks for that . Cheers !

HI Olly
Got on to Record Power but no joy , said it could be the motor , just liike that , wonderful , a calculated guess eh !
Anyway I got the cover off again and thought I'd gently probe around with my wee tester driver . Spots a crust of dust on the switch . Takes the wee clean dry gllue brush to brush it off and , CRack !!! blew the circuit at the rcd . The metal ferrule on the bristles had made contact .

So more by good luck than sparky know how , thought I might as well change the fuse on the plug and on opening the plug to do just that , there is the loose brown wire , well it was just touching the pin but not inserted . I put all back together connected up , switched on and ,............... Bingo . job done. I had no reason to check the plug initially as the switch was indicating ON . Could it be that the live touching but not in the pin was enough to light the switch but not throw it.??????
Cheers !

Latest posts

Back