• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold Rare Wadkin universal woodworker’s & pattern maker’s vice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D J Builder

Reaction score
I believe it was made in late 1940 – early 1950. I have strip vice down & cleaned, oiled all parts so in good working order the only thing is the 4 pin jaws are missing (should be able to get replacements made).

Specification:

Jaw size is 445mm x 180mm with a metal 100mm jaw on one 445mm side.

The maximum open width is 420mm, the jaw can be offset by 55 – 60mm along 445mm length.

The vice can be rotated by 360° in addition you can lift vice 90° from horizontal into vertical position.

£300 plus delivery cost

DSC_1144 - Copy.JPG

I wants it my precious. Dibs

Hi if you like more information email djgbuilder@gm
I believe it was made in late 1940 – early 1950. I have strip vice down & cleaned, oiled all parts so in good working order the only thing is the 4 pin jaws are missing (should be able to get replacements made).

Specification:

Jaw size is 445mm x 180mm with a metal 100mm jaw on one 445mm side.

The maximum open width is 420mm, the jaw can be offset by 55 – 60mm along 445mm length.

The vice can be rotated by 360° in addition you can lift vice 90° from horizontal into vertical position.

£300 plus delivery cost

View attachment 103279

Now SOLD

Ah been messaging you all week on the other forum for this! Drat missed it here, have been hunting for ages!

Sorry Tom I been waiting for other site to let me reply not very impressed in length of time they take, this site a lot beeter

Hi All i have just seen the thread about the Wadkin vice while i have never seen one did they have a seperate tilt plate like the Emmert vise ? We have two turtle back Emmert's and one K1 boxed up as spare all three have been refurbished i had to make a pattern for the tilt plate and get some cast . personally i prefer the turtle back to the K1

Hi I have attached some more information & photos of plate, I still have one in my own bench I can send photo or try to describe it if this helps.

Dave

Attachments

• Pattern vice information.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Back