random findings on ebay, made me laugh anyway

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mel

Established Member
Reaction score
here

ho ho ho . got a few of them old surforms somewhere :lol:
was going to ask if wilkos sell new blades for these :lol: :lol:

and how about this

here

now i realize just how serious that plane fever is

and what about this read the item description :shock:
here

my ribs are hurting with the laughing

mel

thanks a lot to those who showed me how to do that
ALF and DAVEL

Well I am glad you found the help useful. :D

I think someones Great-Grandad is having tales told about him. :shock:

But the scraper plane does look nice and started at an affordable price but boy oh boy it gone wild now! ](*,)

WOW! Mel, I didn't realise those surform planes were going for so much! I have one in my drawer somewhere, I will have to sort it out and get it on E-bay! I think he is a bit optimistic about the last plane needing just a clean though. :shock: Glad you found out how to add the link mate. :wink: Oh and I am still reading the mags mate thanks. :)

Hot damn! I've got one of those pre-Stanley Surform block with original box and blade somewhere - I'm off to the 'Bay... :lol: D'you think perhaps the seller meant to put in "2.00" as the opening bid :-k :D

The scraper, yeah, I can see why that one went big. Super rare and good condition - practically sold itself. Certainly doesn't need a clean like that #5. Deary me... :roll:

Glad you've got the hang of the link stuff, Mel. :D

Cheers, Alf

Bit off-topic, but I didn't want to start a new one: I saw a good 5 1/2 the other day with slight pitting for £24. Should I have gone for it, d'you think?

On that basis I'm rich beyond my wildest dreams (I have surprisingly limited dreams, though)! I'm currently sitting on the North of England old Surform mountain...... :D

Scrit

Dug out some Surforms this morning, the one on the left is much lighter than the later Stanley ones and I suspect it is made from magnesium rather than aluminium:

IMG_0993small.jpg

rather interestingly it is marked "Surform - Made in Great Britain" and "Simonds Aerocessories Ltd - Treforest, Glam." Amazingly (?) it uses the same blades as current production Surforms. Presumably that might be a collectable Surform...... Or then again, maybe not. :?

Scrit

There sure are some whacko collectors (or whatever they are) out there! I was watching a couple of guys from the States battle it out over what was obviously not as described ....... after I'd looked it up on 'Blood & Gore' of course :wink:

Someone over there just paid £300 plus for a rusty chunk of iron! A dangerous world out there on the old eBayWare

Scrit":2irz6gvg said:
rather interestingly it is marked "Surform - Made in Great Britain" and "Simonds Aerocessories Ltd - Treforest, Glam."
Yeah, they're the ones who came up with it, subsequently bought (out?) by Stanley. Here's my nest egg for when Surforms really take off:

And the blurb on the bottom of the box:

It's a testament to the design that they haven't felt the need to muck about with it and the new blades still fit. Don't think they offer fine or standard cuts any more though, do they? Still, it's a modern classic really. Not so modern now I s'pose. :lol:

Cheers, Alf

scrit
it would appear to add value to them if you can hand them down to your grandchildren and add a little story to them :whistle: :^o
which reminds me !!!! must have a visit to "ask the trades"

I'm not an expert by any means on hand tools but can this REALLY have been made in the late 1800's ie late 19th century???

I thought this brand was about in the 30's and 40's of the 20th centuary?

ebay link

mark

Those arn't woodworking tools.

They are LAUNDRY tools. You buy from your mate with dirty money and it comes out pristine. He does the same for you.

Latest posts

Back