Raffle Prizes.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwaithcoed

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Each year our local Ganolfan (Community Centre) hold a Spring fair to raise funds for the running of the centre.
Since moving to North Wales some 10 years ago my wife and I have donated something to the stalls or raffles but two years ago I made a table similar to the ones shown so now the request is "can you make something for the raffle". Last year I made a couple of mirrors with a small drawer below.
This year it's back to tables.
They are made from red oak with a floor tile insert, very easy to make.
The rails are mortised into the legs, using the router to cut the mortises,tennons cut on the table saw and the tile fixed in with tile adhesive and grouted.
The two other tables will go to the golf club raffle to raise funds for the Lady Captains Charity.
I hope you like them.

e9c4a37d.jpg

Alan

Alan, I like your tables very much but you left out the most important information " and tickets are available..."

I like them and I wouldn't be surprised if there are record sales of raffle tickets this year.

Gill

I'd also like to add what a great idea I think this is. I'd also like to do something similar for my local community, one day. We already have one who carves small animals and toys and one more who sometimes turns bowls or vases. But just maybe I could blow them all away with something...

Thank you for your replies, my next project is to be a similar table for my grandson.

"With drawers in and a top to play draughts on"

I have one at my house that we use when he is down here for the school holidays.

"So I can scoop all the bits in when I've finished playing and don't have to put anything away"

Kids eh :D :D :D

Alan.

Back