• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wood related books - now all spoken for.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheffield Tony

Ghost of the disenchanted
Reaction score
I wonder if any of you lot would like these:

20201007_095344.jpg

Currently being plugged by Mortise and Tenon magazine, but be warned it is more about the author's philosophy than actual woodworking. Read once, pretty much as new.

20201007_095327.jpg

I'm a pole lathe turner. It's not going to happen .... As new condition.

20201007_095313.jpg

Quite an interesting and popular coffee table book, it has been on the coffee table for a while so dust jacket shows small signs of wear as you can see and the a small wine stain or something at the top of the spine . Still pretty decent condition.

The rules say I have to name my price ... Can I request a donation to a charity of my choice, this time Mountain Rescue. They've had a busy year, rescuing inexperienced plonkers from tricky predicaments they've got themselves in to. Who knows, it might be me next time ... I'd suggest £5 per item, or as your conscience dictates.

Could I have the middle one - woodturning wizardry?
happy to make the donation - and cover P&P if you would like...
Alasdair

I'd love the third if I could? Happy to cover your postage in addition too.

Looks like all taken now - if you (Alastair, Adrian, TJC) PM me an address I'll post them. Assuming they can go 2nd class large letter or small package I'll cover it.

fantastic book - received with many thanks - donation made!
Alasdair

If you manage to replicate some of Mr Springett's creations, we'd love to see them (and I'll be in serious awe !). But it is interesting just to read how it's done.

If you manage to replicate some of Mr Springett's creations, we'd love to see them (and I'll be in serious awe !). But it is interesting just to read how it's done.
sadly unlikely, when he mentions with one of the projects that if very simple and only needs you to make three tools, you realise that it is at another level!

but lovely to read and inspiring, and makes you realise that you can get very creative with a lathe, it is not all about light pulls and bowls!

Mine has arrived too today (and my donation made as well). Thank you ever so much. Very unusual book - much more philosophical than I expected.

Latest posts

Back