Radius end post

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mahomo59

Established Member
Reaction score
I've started building kitchens and wardrobes on a larger scale, ie not out my single garage anymore.,

I'm installing a kitchen currently for an interior designer which has been built buy someone else. Could I buy posts in like this? Or could they be done on the router table in two passes? Made from tulipwood and Birchply.

I'll post pics of the kitchen once completed.

James

Really shocked at all the talent on here not willing to share, ah well... Here's some other shots of the kitchen. Have a great weekend

Doubt you could get that big a router cutter. Think you would need a spindle to get tooling for that sort of radius. Looks around 60mm. Nice kitchen by the way.

Thank you Beau, the post is 50mm. Didn't know if there were any websites where they sold stuff like this? Unfortunately it's not my kitchen, just an installation, lovely to install. I'm building a kitchen myself at the moment but have no radius posts.

that corner moulding appears to have been run through a four or six cutter moulder it would take several operations on a spindle moulder plus special cutters made just depends how much you want to use it i suppose . ian

williams1185":3b4y71m4 said:
that corner moulding appears to have been run through a four or six cutter moulder it would take several operations on a spindle moulder plus special cutters made just depends how much you want to use it i suppose . ian

I think that's what would be done and you might make up a big batch at a time. the time per piece would then drop significantly.

Thanks a lot guys. If any one wants to replicate it for me for a figure ie several metres that would be great. :)

if you are still looking for this then, this may help:
Lot 1255 in the huge timber sale. I know you may not want all that amount but you may be able to find out who buys it

I use 50mm quadrants, I get the timber yard to run them for me, 300m at a time, makes them fairly cheap per meter

Have you a picture you could PM or post please Bob? Interested in the back of it etc do you leave it square on the back or rebate it as the one above. Same detail with small chamfer running down the edge.
I shall have a visit to robins timber in Bristol see if they can do any thing.

Thanks, that's great.

I'd cut the rebates for the ply on the table saw, the two flat faces to the bed and fence. You will need a bit of a tunnel to avoid lane nasty incidents, but I would make the tunnel to hold the quadrant against the fence. You will need to reverse the fence to complete the cuts and remove the rebate waste.

I'd be inclined to turn a piece round to the desired diameter as you could play around with the diameter to soften or sharpen the curve.
cut the round into four quarters then rebate the back using the router table.
Pretty nice quick way to achieve it on your own

That's great Bob, 300m may bit a bit too much for me and I guess anything less would make it expensive... Unless, I was to buy some stock from you with a modest mark up for your troubles :)

Most people do them on a spindle with a cutter doing half of a 50mm radius and then flipping it and running the other half.
or paper joint and turn a 100mm diameter and split them.

Latest posts

Back