Quick workshop tour

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowerTool

Established Member
Reaction score
After seeing Chris (Scrums) post piccies of his workshop,thought I would put some up of mine (being at the other end of the "size" scale.. :lol: )
Started off with an 8' x 6' brick shed,then built approx 8' x 8' on the end of it to use as a workshop.

Through the door and turn left..
Picture027Small.jpg

has a small bench,with wire wheel/linisher and the pillar drill.Some of the original shed wall remains at the end of the bench.

Then through into the workshop..
Picture028Small.jpg

and the lathe on the left
Picture030Small.jpg

It's bench-mounted,with cupboard/shelves underneath for finishes,sanding pads and general storage.

At the headstock end,I have..
Picture031Small.jpg

chisel racks,sanding arbors,spare toolrests and drive centres - with the vacuum right next to it.

At the tailstock end,more chisel racks,and trays with abrasives.
Picture032Small.jpg

To the right when stood at the lathe..
Picture033Small.jpg

more trays with abrasives,bench grinder,sharpening stones,spare chuck jaws.

Immediately above is the air filter
Picture034Small.jpg

To the right of that is my belt/disc sander
Picture035Small.jpg

this bench also has storage underneath (morticer,mitre saw,sliding compound mitre saw,dovetail jig - things I don't have space for them to be out except when in use) and timber racks above.

and at the end of the bench is my bandsaw,now permanently coupled up to a dust extractor - before,had to share the vacuum for dust extraction.The bandsaw is on a cabinet that houses spare blades,drive belts and air filters.
Picture036Small.jpg

So there you have it - compact but functional.I sometimes wish I had a bigger workshop,but everything is to hand and it's cheap to heat,so most of the time I'm quite happy with it :D

Andrew

All those turning chisels, and so neatly stored. Mine are buried in shavings! You must have had a major sweep up to have so little sawdust around. Looks like a useful set up you have there.

Johnny B

All looks very nice and well laid out Andrew :D
Just one question.
Don't you find working on your lathe uncomfy with it been so far back from the front of the bench :?:

Johnny - it gets messy,but I always tidy up immediately after each turning session (it all gets swept,then vacuumed) ; sometimes think it gets cleaned more than the house.. :lol:
Paul - oddly,I find it very comfortable,and given chance am happy there for hours :D

Andrew

Nice pics Andrew, somehow i thought you
had a much bigger workshop than that
judging by the excellent work that you produce.
Just goes to prove that "size isnt everything" :lol:
There's hope for me yet! :D :lol:

Busy little shop there Andrew, don't envy you the clean-up chore after a session with all those little nooks and crannies just waiting to collect the shavings.

Just shows what you can get in a small space. And it discourages you from keeping those bits of stuff that will "come in useful sometime".
One query - why do you store your chisels point up? I'd be bound to either drop something heavy on them, or drop my hand on them, neither recommended :(

Back