Quick intro

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy H

Reaction score
I've been going through my Dad's tools and looking for advice on sharpening and use etc. Google always seems to direct me here, usually I find what I'm looking for and then go down the rabbit hole and start browsing through the forums for hours, so I've joined and can now cut out the middle man. Cheers

I've been going through my Dad's tools and looking for advice on sharpening and use etc. Google always seems to direct me here, usually I find what I'm looking for and then go down the rabbit hole and start browsing through the forums for hours, so I've joined and can now cut out the middle man. Cheers
Hi and welcome , are you planning to take up woodwork in one format or another . Just a friendly warning on sharpening threads - they can get a little emotive so be careful 🫣🫣🫣

Sorry to be so slow replying, I've been turning wood for a fairly long time and the rediscovery of my Dad's old tools has re-awoken a desire to do a bit of joinery to go along with it. Unfotunately (according to my wife) it's also triggered a desire to aquire more old hand tools, in fact restoring old tools has become a favourite passtime.
Sharpening is thankfully no longer a mystery to me, I have a system now that gives me the results I wanted and that's all I'll say on the subject, although I do wish I'd watched & listened to Dad a bit more carefully when I had the chance

This is the sort of thing I'm up to at the moment, wife's birthday coming up, a good way to modify her point of view?

20231016_164708.jpg

20231016_164629.jpg

Latest posts

Back