Quick... Everyone get to Newhaven.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wood Monkey

Established Member
Reaction score
I just heard that 1500 tonnes of wood have fallen off a transport ship and are expected to come ashore in Newhaven.... :D

Hi,

I just said the same thing to my son after hearing it on the news, he said I had enough!!!

Pete

Now thought to be heading towards Dungeness, but could go on to the Dover Straight.
WATCH THIS SPACE :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

It doesn't say what sort of wood it is. I don't think I'd bother going down there, it's probably softwood and by now it's banana shaped.

I'd not be surprised if that is exactly what they do with it. It will get sold for a price on these shores. Egypt will get a new shipment of straight dry wood.

mahking51":2f8lwooj said:
Most of the lot last year got chipped onsite, anyone who walked off with a bit for an odd job got nicked big time, what a waste!
Martin

Funny that isn't it, as you are totally within the law to salvage materials so long as you register it with the Receiver of Wreck, who will ensure that the owners of the material are able to contact you to retreive their property with an appropriate salvage award, usually 60% of the value of the material. Except when the government ignores the law and makes up a new one! :shock:

In this case the timber is probably pine, now soaked in seawater so totally worthless.

Aidan

Latest posts

Back