Questions on dust extractors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougieH

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I`ve seen a couple of dust extractors second hand, first is a Rexon DE1000A, the other, a Perform BB100. Cant find much info on them so my questions are:-

Can I get 0.5micron filter bags to fit them. Or

If I fit hose to the exhaust pipe and run it outside the premises, would that get round not being able to get the filters. Also would they be an improvement on my vacuum cleaner anyway? Thanks.

Doug

Hi Doug,

Not sure on the perform but the rexon looks very similar to a clarke I have and I have also been looking for a 0.5 micron bag, the nearest I have found yet is the 1 micron bag at axminster http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-1- ... rod820086/

That has a 100mm opening so should fit all the similar models, they arent cheap though but then neither are a new set of lungs I suppose.

Venting it outside should be OK as long as its vented towards the ground, through a lesser filter or some other solution where it doesn't affect anyone else I suppose but in winter you will be pumping your heat out so probably best to filter it.

My clarke extractor with a 100mm hose close to the sanding is far superior to a vacuum cleaner, it quite often takes my half used sheet of paper for a spin to the grill inside, add some ducting and blast gates and it takes away all sorts from various machines too from all around the shed. Table saw, router table etc, very efficient.

Back