Quangsheng V4 No.6 review

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem resolved.

I spoke to Matthew today and he kindly agreed to credit me for the No 6, thus living up to his reputation, which is good to see.
I hope that the points and comments made will be taken into account for future products and allow the Quangsheng phenomenon to continue.

Next problem is what to spend my credit note on :D that shouldn't take long

thanks Matthew

Good lord, so you were serious?
I honestly thought you were joking about expecting a refund on a relatively inexpensive item that you've been using for a year.
Matthew must qualify for sainthood........

I'm in agreement with John - my mouth actually hit the floor reading your post. Not sure if it's great customer service or just the world gone mad....

If you read the earlier posts and the comment elsewhere, along with the particular circumstances you would see it was not quite as simple as that. As I said the matter is resolved satisfactorily and closed.

The sooner and louder people point out the weaknesses - the sooner they are remedied. But it sometimes takes a while to work put what it is that is pi&&ing one off. Is it me , is it the plane?
Quite a few of the new planes have inherent weaknesses. Norris adjusters for instance - they just don't work as well as the Stanley design. You'll find they never did, if you google about the topic. But the toolie enthusiasts think they are marvelous and the plane makers don't feel the need to make improvements.

I might have to agree with Jacob on his one :shock: as I believe he is referring to the LV LA jack. Its much harder and fiddly to centre the blade then the Stanley counterpart due to that Norris adjuster that thinks it can be both a depth adjuster and a lateral adjustment, which doesn't really work so well as the lateral adjustment 'lever' is not long enough to aid ease of use

If think the stanley adjusters could be improved by simply beefing them up a bit, as its not uncommon to see old ones with them bent

Oh dear, if anyone finds something not to like about LN's we'll all have to stump up for a set of custom infills :shock:

matthewwh":39d730mb said:
Oh dear, if anyone finds something not to like about LN's we'll all have to stump up for a set of custom infills :shock:
I know, we're a fussy lot :wink: , but nothing would get done properly if no one complained, so my mum tells me

matthewwh":ygd35zas said:

Well there's always the price :shock:

matthewwh":1t63eq1h said:
I don't like them particularly so I don't buy them. Their A1 chisels are cr&p too by all accounts (crumbly edges).
I sold on a LV jack but with hindsight I should have returned it as the adjuster didn't work!
It doesn't work on my LV smoother either - but I've got used to lateral adjustment with a pin hammer.
It's always a pleasure to pick up one or other of my oldish Stanleys or Records!

LuptonM":21r72ir9 said:
I might have to agree with Jacob on his one :shock: as I believe he is referring to the LV LA jack. Its much harder and fiddly to centre the blade then the Stanley counterpart

You've handled a Stanley #62 ?!

http://www.supertool.com/StanleyBG/stan9.htm#num62

As far as I can see, the Stanley doesn't even HAVE a lateral adjuster.

BugBear

Jacob":1rj7nf00 said:
It's always a pleasure to pick up one or other of my oldish Stanleys or Records!

They're certainly better than Record and Stanley's current production.

BugBear

bugbear":25u5sz26 said:
LuptonM":25u5sz26 said:
I might have to agree with Jacob on his one :shock: as I believe he is referring to the LV LA jack. Its much harder and fiddly to centre the blade then the Stanley counterpart

You've handled a Stanley #62 ?!

http://www.supertool.com/StanleyBG/stan9.htm#num62

As far as I can see, the Stanley doesn't even HAVE a lateral adjuster.

BugBear
I mean the normal stanley lateral adjustment mechanism

I sold my LN 60 1/2 and skew block planes. Their Veritas replacements are far superior.

Jim

yetloh":2ocfgh55 said:
I sold my LN 60 1/2 and skew block planes. Their Veritas replacements are far superior.

Jim

Interestingly I did exactly the same thing with both of them and I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back