Putting dust extractor in garage roof space.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian_in_the_midlands

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a SIP dust extractor. I plan to move it into the roof space of my garage.
This will give me 2 advantages:
Free up a little space in the workshop.
Small dust particles leak through the filter bag and fill up the garage. This must be a health hazard. By moving the extractor into the roof, much of the fine dust will be contained.

Apart from the minor inconvenience of having to go into the roof to empty the bag, does anyone see a problem with my plan?
eg Will the extractor be able to lift the chips up without clogging, etc.

It is difficult to change the bag now. Wouldn't want to have to climb a step ladder to do it.
I can live with having to go up into the roof to do it.

I have no way to calculate but think it will cut the preformance in half. Is there any way to provide a small 'shed' adjacent to the garage for it ,that worked very well for me.

Yes remove no volt and join through spade connectors so use double ended male and insulate x2 and plate over, then you need a remote controlled plug unit to controll. Hope you tryed it with the sustained output of a p/t.

Finished the wiring last week.
First proper test - I am putting some 4" pine boards through the thicknesser this morning.
Garage much quieter, and the bag soon filled up. No clogging.
Looks like it all works very well.

It has also freed up enough floor space to let me squeeze in a little metal lathe :)

Latest posts

Back