Push to open / close runners

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

promhandicam

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone fitted the Grass Dynamic NT plus full extension push to open runners that Hafele sell? (link) If you have, do you know if you have to buy the lock, adaptor and connecting levers for the drawer to work as these bits cost more than the full extension runners :cry: Are there cheaper alternatives that do the same thing? AC Sissling do one similar,here, but I don't think that they are full extension and don't appear to be soft close either. Blum do an add on for the tandem full extension but this doesn't work for blumotion runners but is a cheaper option than the Grass ones.

Thanks in advance.

Steve
www.allford.co.uk

Hi Steve

I have experience of the runners fro AC Sissling, not good, I sent them back. They are not full extension and the build quality is poor.

Instead I use the Blum tandem runners with the Tip on adaptions. Very good quality and plenty of adjustability. Bit expensive, I got them from LDL http://www.ldlonline.co.uk/. There is a big discount if you can get an account with them.

I think the rules of physics prevent push to open combined with soft close.

Chris

Blum Servo-drive will give you push to open and softclose but not cheap particularly with the trend for less cupboards and more deep draws. Did work out the costs for a kitchen a year or so back but with 21 draws it was prohibitive and that was an £80k kitchen.

Jason

Servo-drive is insanely expensive.

Tip-on (or at least Tip-On for Tandembox) has some cushioning on the return - it doesn't slam (having said that, I haven't tried it with big heavy drawers full of stuff). If you push them with just the right force, they bounce off the stops and back into the latch.

Thanks guys. I think I'll go for the blum ones - Isaac Lord look to be the cheapest supplier as I don't have an account with LDL. The grass ones from Hafele claim to be push to open and soft close but would work out at about £60 per drawer. I didn't allow for this much in my quote and there are quite a lot of drawers so the blum ones will have to do.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve if you have some time you could experiment with the spring loaded touch drawer latch from hafele http://www.hafele.co.uk/Hafele35a1/imag ... _2-178.pdf I have used them in the past on some drawers with side mounted runners but i dont see why they shouldnt work with the grass self close dynamic runners and may work with the soft close ones. Each drawer would only cost about £15. If you have an account with hafele they will send you a sample for you to evaluate if you give them a ring :wink:

cheers

Jon

jasonB":1wc463ci said:
Blum Servo-drive will give you push to open and softclose but not cheap particularly with the trend for less cupboards and more deep draws. Did work out the costs for a kitchen a year or so back but with 21 draws it was prohibitive and that was an £80k kitchen.

Jason

BTW I assume that kitchen was done for an MP on his second home expenses? :) :wink:

Why push to open? Is it pull to shut?
All my drawers pull to open (and vice versa). Doesn't life get confusing at all, esp if you are pi***d or anything e.g. desperately looking for the corkscrew?

Only gets confusing if you are a bit simple and very drunk indeed, MrG.

The only reason is to allow handle-less drawer fronts.

mr grimsdale":diihmgxy said:
All my drawers pull to open (and vice versa). Doesn't life get confusing at all, esp if you are pi***d or anything e.g. desperately looking for the corkscrew?

At least you don't have to try and find the handle, just bump into the draw and it opens :wink:

Jason

jasonB":5znhngij said:
mr grimsdale":5znhngij said:

At least you don't have to try and find the handle, just bump into the draw and it opens :wink:

Jason
But then you trip over the f****r if you hadn't intended to open it!

Latest posts

Back