• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Blum Movento with Tip-on that isn't built into the runner?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

wcndave

Established Member
Joined
5 Oct 2008
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
4
Location
Truden, Italy
Question for anyone who is a Blum expert I think.

I have some drawers that use movento with blumotion.
So they are soft close
I am replacing the fronts, and don't want to put handles on, and was wondering if the "tip-on" inserts that you put into the cabinet frame would work?

I've not seen any solutions or product specs that show these two combined. Normally the drawer runners have a special mechanism added for push to open, however they are expensive, and I already have some of the little inserts:



Given they state "doors" on them, probably not appropriate, however I thought it might be worth checking....
 

nev

Established Member
Joined
21 Jan 2011
Messages
4,858
Reaction score
13
Location
The green and wetter end of the M4.
I believe that (apart from rather pricey electrical motor driven ones) you cannot have soft close and push to open at the same time because the soft close stops the drawer/ door before it reaches the push to open bit to close it, if that makes sense.
 

HOJ

Established Member
Joined
21 Oct 2014
Messages
362
Reaction score
13
Location
South Norfolk
Are your drawers overlay/lay on?, push to open draws are inset, as they need to be pushed back into the draw space before they will come forward.

Maybe look at a finger pull option for the fronts.
 

doctor Bob

Established Member
Joined
22 Jun 2011
Messages
4,771
Reaction score
1,362
Location
Matching Green
HOJ":icnmoq21 said:
Are your drawers overlay/lay on?, push to open draws are inset, as they need to be pushed back into the draw space before they will come forward.

Maybe look at a finger pull option for the fronts.
No, done plenty of push to open lay on kitchens. Just need to leave a 2-3 mm gap between door and carcase.
 

HOJ

Established Member
Joined
21 Oct 2014
Messages
362
Reaction score
13
Location
South Norfolk
doctor Bob":18j3p0c8 said:
No, done plenty of push to open lay on kitchens. Just need to leave a 2-3 mm gap between door and carcase.
I'll take that on board, only ever fitted them as inset, do you put stops on adjacent doors to keep the gap the same?
 

Distinterior

Established Member
Joined
8 Mar 2014
Messages
892
Reaction score
154
Location
Colchester, Essex.
Blum sell a little fixed buffer that fits into the back of the door or drawer front that creates the 2.6mm gap. It fits in an 8mm dia hole.
They also sell a buffer that is spring loaded that allows you to maintain the same gap but also allows you to push the door or drawer front to activate the TipOn mechanism....

Blum part number 993.0830.01
 

wcndave

Established Member
Joined
5 Oct 2008
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
4
Location
Truden, Italy
HOJ":2w3xtg7l said:
doctor Bob":2w3xtg7l said:
No, done plenty of push to open lay on kitchens. Just need to leave a 2-3 mm gap between door and carcase.
I'll take that on board, only ever fitted them as inset, do you put stops on adjacent doors to keep the gap the same?
If it's doors, you can use spacers, and the hinge side can simply be adjusted.
I have done this with a servo opening for bin/green waste under sink, however it does take space and the servo is about £80.
It was worth it for an undersink bin where I wanted hands free access, and also wanted no handle when at the sink.

Wife is not a fan of the inset handles, as when you're hands are full, you can't hook it with a pinkie to open.

Distinterior":2w3xtg7l said:
Blum sell a little fixed buffer that fits into the back of the door or drawer front that creates the 2.6mm gap. It fits in an 8mm dia hole.
They also sell a buffer that is spring loaded that allows you to maintain the same gap but also allows you to push the door or drawer front to activate the TipOn mechanism....

Blum part number 993.0830.01
This is what I used for the servo pullout drawer, although it sometimes takes several attempts. The drawer has to be set up really perfectly.

Looks like I need the proper tip-on for movento accessories for this then...

Thanks all!
 
Top