Proposition-Update

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very true , thank you Gill,

Did you know that if you are running an office from home I believe you can claim a percentage for heating and lighting, or is that now outdated ?

Lord Nibbo":9yka050h said:
When I first read woodbloke's post about pointing out permissions my first thoughts were about copyrights i.e. pieces made using ideas or plans from magazines or bought plans. Is there an issue in this area?

As far as I understand it, there is no copyright issue with ideas, but there could be with plans. It would depend on the terms under which you bought the plan, it might have restrictions or it might not.

As regards the Tax Man and the Planning Office, I think everyone here has now had enough advice on this and should make up their own mind as to what to do according to their own circumstances/conscience

regards

Brian.

Brad Naylor":29lnk4uf said:
Live dangerously! :lol: Cheers Brad

Of course the official note from the forum is that you should register with all appropriate authorities, and also that any transaction is strictly between individuals. UK Workshop is in no way responsible for any contracts entered into between parties.

Sorry, just have to add that in really.

Adam

Adam":11zbidzg said:
Brad Naylor":11zbidzg said:
Live dangerously! :lol: Cheers Brad

Of course the official note from the forum is that you should register with all appropriate authorities, and also that any transaction is strictly between individuals. UK Workshop is in no way responsible for any contracts entered into between parties.

Sorry, just have to add that in really.

Adam

Does this really need saying? We'll all need to be disclaimers on advice/discussions at this rate.

Freetochat":y5r94n3b said:
Does this really need saying? We'll all need to be disclaimers on advice/discussions at this rate.

Maybe not, but as a mod, we have an element of responsibility to try and ensure discussions don't take a turn towards the illegal, and this keeps us on track. We don't want it to turn into a post about ways to avoid paying tax etc.

Adam

Paul Chapman":1it0fpzv said:
Paying lots of tax isn't bad - it usually means you are earning lots of money :D

Unfortunately, not always, the 40% tax band is set pretty low you know - in fact, I don't know many people who earn less than the 40% threshold these days :(

Tony":1tqk7mev said:
Unfortunately, not always, the 40% tax band is set pretty low you know - in fact, I don't know many people who earn less than the 40% threshold these days :(

And I don't know many above the threshhold. 'Spose it depends on the circles you move in eh :)
Mike

mr":28a809wx said:
Tony":28a809wx said:

And I don't know many above the threshhold. 'Spose it depends on the circles you move in eh :)
Mike

You really know how to win friends and influence people, don't you Tony!

Meanwhile, I just had a meeting with my accountant to sign my tax return. I've got a rebate due of £238.00! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've also got a bill from my accountant for £235.00!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Cheers
Brad

Brad Naylor":3bvgr21x said:

Cheers
Brad

Good grief, my accountant don't even get out of bed for that sort of money. :shock:

Brad Naylor":31ksdk1x said:
Meanwhile, I just had a meeting with my accountant to sign my tax return. I've got a rebate due of £238.00! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds to me like the accountant made a slight miscalculation there - I wouldn't have expected you to come out a whole £3 ahead. :shock:

Brad Naylor":1d7xct4q said:

Your accountant's not stupid - at least he knows you'll have enough money to pay his bill :lol: :lol:

Cheers :wink:

Paul

senior":1xhapt05 said:
Brad Naylor":1xhapt05 said:

Cheers
Brad

Good grief, my accountant don't even get out of bed for that sort of money. :shock:

That's why she works from home! :lol:

Philly":1f123jhb said:
£3 up AND legal. You got it all, Brad :wink: :lol:
Cheers
Philly :D

You can raise a toast at your local and claim it was the taxman who bought your round. (sort-of)

Adam

Latest posts

Back