Professional photography

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
I have posted this kitchen a few weeks ago, but it's amazing what a pro photographer can do

beaumonthousecooker2.jpg

beaumonthousekitchendra.jpg

beaumonthousekitchencup.jpg

beaumonthousekitchen.jpg

beaumonthousekitchenpan.jpg

beaumonthousekitchencup.jpg

Blister":1g5uz1ym said:
Number 4 is very good

Cant say the same about the others

Interesting, I thought 4 was the worst, what do you think is wrong with the others?

Of all of them, it is no 4 I don't like so much- the rest show the fine details, and the quality of the job. 4 looks a bit showroom snapshot to me.

OK , my thoughts on the other photos

NO1

The 2 bottles are to close to the wall and cupboard casting distracting shadows , Vegetables on the right hand side of the image cut in half making this side of the image distracting

N02

The composition of the image is out of balance , the draw is cut in half at the top of the frame , 2 draw handles and one draw pull are also cut and out of focus

N03

The food blender is cut in half and the shelf above the glasses is distracting being in the image , also the folding door would have been better placed if it had masked out the window and blind , again composition

N04

Cant see any faults

N05

Again composition errors , The roof spotlight is distracting as is the small black wedge on the lower left of the image , also the door being open directly towards the lens has made it look overly large , If the door had been opened further it would also have removed the cut off window from the frame

NO6

Composition problems all around this shot , starting top right , what looks like the lower rim of the light out of focus , under that is another cut off window , under that is a ? white triangle shaped item , not sure what it is , out of focus vegetables with red tomatoes / peppers on the edge of the frame , and what looks like a small section of black hob creeping in the left side of the image

These comments are my opinion and may not be anyone Else's

I was involved heavily with photography in the past at national competition level

This may be the new modern way of doing things ?

Thank you Blister.... I'll pass your thoughts on... he is a retired heavy weight boxer with a ferocious temper who does photography as therapy to calm himself down, since killing a man in a fit of temper :)

The kitchen was for a new build, the owner had a photographer in for a couple of days to prepare a brochure. They loved the kitchen and gave me permission to use the kitchen images.

So it cost me nowt and they are a lot better than I can take, still think number 4 is the worst, looks like a cheap camera shot.

drawer not draw..... just bugs me..

still think number 4 is the worst, looks like a cheap camera shot.
:?

Its a good well balanced well composted image with no blenders or cut off draws ( drawers :lol: ) to me is shows a well made and installed kitchen

That's what you make and sell isn't it

Blister":23a25zl1 said:
still think number 4 is the worst, looks like a cheap camera shot.
:?

Its a good well balanced well composted image with no blenders or cut off draws ( drawers :lol: ) to me is shows a well made and installed kitchen

That's what you make and sell isn't it

No.4 might not be the best photo in the world, but I just look at the others and think - why?
I would've thought that if you were photographing a kitchen for promotional purposes you would take them either with it totally empty, or properly full and being used. Little bits here and there, and part open doors and drawers just distract.
Phil.
Sorry, I forgot to say I'd give my eye teeth for the kitchen!

phil.p":2mon7kd5 said:
No.4 might not be the best photo in the world, but I just look at the others and think - why?
I would've thought that if you were photographing a kitchen for promotional purposes you would take them either with it totally empty, or properly full and being used. Little bits here and there, and part open doors and drawers just distract.
Phil.

They gave me a CD with loads of pictures on, I have just posted a few of them. All thoughts welcome.

Blister":9el5ushk said:
woodbloke":9el5ushk said:
Blister":9el5ushk said:
.... well composted image...

I agree about the 'drawers' as opposed to 'draws'...but composted :shock: :lol: :lol: - Rob

Opps , :oops: well it was late
Interesting to read your comments on the pics B. I could see what you were saying about each pic when I went back for a second, more objective look at them. What you've said about each does make sense (to me at least, as a non-fotographizer) - Rob

I don't know much about photography or kitchen building.
First thing, though - stunning kitchen!
I reckon you do need some close=up shots - eg the drawER - shows the good workmanship detail.
Can you post up the pictures of the Photographer and Blister in an arm-wrestle? :lol:

Back