proedge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spasm

Established Member
Reaction score
How you getting on with the proedge,

I took the plunge and bought one and have to say it was worth it very Comfortable to use and gives good results so far, I registered it for the guarantee as the card doesn't state how long the guarantee was i asked and was told it has a life time guarantee I asked again and was told the same thing.

can't be bad

Spasm

yep still can't fault it. I have got used to the initial concern I had with the short sweep that it produces. I turned a bowl yesterday and realised I have adjusted my techniques to use the shorter sweep. My skew work has improved by having the tool as sharp as can be.

I do think that it's probably on the expensive side of value for money. But on the other hand, I'm far too lazy to be making something like this myself. ;)

"I do think that it's probably on the expensive side of value for money"

Maybe this will ease your mind a bit. When I bought mine it was at a Sorby roadshow and two elderly gentlemen heard me deliberate about it with a friend. One asked if I had a grinding system and when I said I didn't he said "buy the Proedge, we have about two thousand pounds worth of grinding systems between us and we never use them since buying the Proedge". That made it seem less expensive.

Brendan.

yes I see what you are saying. But at the end of the day it is just a linisher with some pretty simple modifications. But as I say, I'm far too lazy to have mad them myself.

Hello all,

I don’t think the proedge is to expensive for the amount of use it will get, I agree the skew grind is spot on makes the skew easy to use the original bevel angle I’d been using was shorter.

I have to say I prefer this system to its main competitor, which I had for a while with its wood turning gigs.

I find the proedge a lot easier to set up easier to use and a lot less hassle all round.

On a side not the build quality is good “bit ugly but good”.

Rob

Latest posts

Back