problems with setting planner blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Devonwoody and Woodbloke, Both your points noted!
As for the discrepancy/difference in measurements there isn`t one really, 1/8 inch = 3.1mm and a 1/16 is about 1.6mm. so either way is good!
One of the reasons well THE reason I would suggest a steel rule as opposed to Ally or hardwood is that both of these materials are softer than steel ( the very reason you opt for them I know! with cutter care in mind,) but my reasoning for using steel is just because it is NOT as soft as hardwood , Ally etc because the softer material is more prone to getting a nick or a snag which if it does will inevitably give a false reading, plus I always try to utilize tools for tasks so already having a steel rule I don't need to keep a separate setting up tool.
All that being said, its up to each of us to work the way we are comfortable with and with the confidence that you get from thinking through how you yourself are going to approach a task, either by the book, through logical thinking, received knowledge or usually a hybrid of all the above, whilst still respecting methods that may differ from our own yet give the desired result.
Anyway, apart from that just wanted to say Thanks for the feedback, I am a newbie here and appreciate it!

Back