Problem with my Scheppach TS2500CI

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nhough

Established Member
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone can help me. I own a TS2500 CI and I have noticed that my blade seems to change angle if I wind it up or down. If I am continually winding it up it seems fine, however as soon as I change the direction and wind it down it changes angle slightly. Is this normal. Perhaps someone can shed some light on this for me.

Cheers, Nolan

Hi Nolan,
I get the same problem on my TS2010. I have put it down to the weight of the motor and housings etc pulling the saw down to 45 degrees. If i undo both tilt bots the saw just falls to 45 degrees.

Hi orangetlh, thanks for the reply

It's not the perpendicular angle that is the problem (ie the blade is perpendicular to the table top) it is the angle of the blade in relation to the mitre slots. It seems bizarre that the leading edge of the blade should move from side to side depending on whether I raise or lower it.

Maybe you have a build up of saw dust thats effecting the action ? Just a guess .

I have the TS2500 (non cast iron) and like a lot of other 2500's the mitre slots are not square to the blade. Don't ask me why but it seems to be common problem with this model. whether the cast iron model is the same I don't know.

Cheers

Mike

I have had customers comment on problems with the rise and fall sticking but never the angle changing. Did it do this from new or is it something that has developed over time. If it has developed over time I would suggest a thorough clean of the rise and fall mechanism and check for wear on the mechanism itself. There may be a guide or gear on a worm that has worn and the direction of rise and fall pulls the unit until the wear is taken up.

Cleaning the mechanism will not be easy access is not good as far as I remember.

Just thoughts as never come across the problem before.

I have the 2500CI, I had a problem of the blade rise and fall being very stiff , also the blade did not run true,

I sorted the problem out by getting under the machine and cleaning all the area around the rise & fall mechanism, I used a brush and my Shop Vac, It took me about an hour. It cured all the problems, now I make sure that it gets a good clean out every month without fail. the machine now runs as sweet as a nut

I think their is also a nut or something to limit the top and bottom raise (like a stop) for 0 and 45 degrees. If this is loose, you can keep winding beyond it, and evenutually, the whole carriage hits something and starts to flex (and the blade). Perhaps worth having a squirrel underneath and seeing if the end stops have worked loose?

Adam

Hi Nolan,
I have had a Ts2500 (pre Ci) for a few years now and it has had the same problem since new. I have cleaned and fettled it till I'm blue in the face and it made no difference, the blade moves very slightly as you say when operating the rise and fall. I spoke to NMA about it a long time ago and basically got shrugged shoulders for an answer. :roll:
My solution has always been to release any pressure on the mechanism by ensuring the handwheel is always in the backlash area following any height adjustment. I put it down to a design flaw and just live with the "workaround". Since this is the only tablesaw I've ever owned I don't know how unusual things like this are, but I suspect most machines have their little "eccentricities".

Mark

Hi everyone, sorry for the delay in replying to you - here's an update. Got it all sorted in the end thanks to all the great advice. It indeed needed a good once over with DW40, a good clean and releasing the tension before cutting worked a treat. Now it works perfectly! Thanks for the help - you guys are legends!

Back