Presents

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silas Gull

Established Member
Reaction score
I received a set of Flex Cut carving tools for Xmas, and they look like a pretty handy bunch too. I couldn't help myself, and got straight down to an impromptu abstract on the underside of the dining room table, getting myself a nasty cut in the process. Ahh, Christmas... a happy time... Anyway, I think I need to get hold of some proper blanks and some sound advice on what I reckon may be a very absorbing hobby. Is there anyone out there with any thoughts on the matter? Would be very interested in a reliable supply of Lime. The Missus ditto.

Silas Gull":1zg48p1x said:
got straight down to an impromptu abstract on the underside of the dining room table

:shock: That would have earned me an impromptu abstract on the nose from SWMBO .

Silas

I got this book for xmas a couple of years back and to be honest flicked through it only once or twice. The instructions look pretty detailed on how to get started and each figure comes with plan drawings, but with all the other hobbies I have I just don't think I'll dedicate any time to doing this to any level of skill.

If you want it you can have it as an xmas gift :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Carving-Fan...id=1388117269&sr=8-1&keywords=carving+fantasy

(and if you do actually do any, I know a little girl who would love the little green fairy, or unicorn, or seahorse :) )

(oh and I'd like a pair of Gryphon bookends! lol)

(I'd pay for them of course!)

Silas

Lime carving blanks, warning there not cheap,

http://www.toolsandtimber.co.uk/lime-ca ... sku-GS7580

If you search YouTube for Gene Messer, he has lots of videos on carving.

Apart from Lime, Basswood and Jelutong are also easy to carve.

My brother once got a big slab of Lime from John Boddys for £80 delivered, unfortunately a lot of it was very hard.

Baldhead

Latest posts

Back