Power Tool advice.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenmac

Established Member
Reaction score
I will be asking the most stupid/basic questions so sorry in advance, I had to give up work as a truck driver 3 years ago to be my sons full time carer as he has mental health problems.
So to help stop my brain going to mush I'm wanting to build a shed but I know less than nothing about woodwork/DIY so what I would like your opinion on some new power tools & as I don't work cash is tight so that rules out the premium range like Festool, AEG, Bosch, DeWalt etc that you lot would choose, so I'm looking at Ryobi one+ system as there is a good selection of tools new & secondhand that are reasonably priced or should I be looking at a different make?
Cheers
Ken

Ryobi tools are fine for amateurs/hobbists - just probably not robust enough for professional use.
A decent shed is an ambitious project for someone who knows " less than nothing about woodwork/DIY." Make sure that you get the design right or you'll either waste a lot of wood or build a poor shed. Look on the WWW for plans - there are plenty available.

Richard

Cheers mate that's good to hear as I have seen a set at my local tool shop.
I'm in no rush so I will just build it bit by bit with treated timber so it will withstand a bit of Autumn/Winter weather.

Latest posts

Back