Posting pictures from an iPad onto the forum

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david123

Established Member
Reaction score
Can't figure out how to do it, it seems whatever I do it tells me the image is to large. I can do it on my lap top, but barely use it now days. If you could keep it simple I would appreciate it. I couldn't find anything on a search.

when I had an iPhone, i found it easiest to email the pics to myself. This asked me whether i wanted it small, medium or large, and the file size for each. then just save the attachment and upload as normal.

I have both resize and the simple resize apps but neither works, even on the smallest setting that they allow. I will give the email bit a go ( thanks Marcros).

When I email the photo to myself, copy it and try to load it via the image on the forum and select file, the only option I get is to take a photo or go to the photo library which then takes me back to my pictures where I was In The first place. I sometimes hate new technology. Perhaps it's just me. And to think, back in the day I was an electronics engineer. :x

image.jpg

Using http://picresize.com

Upload and choose max file size as 300kb, resize, and save.

Sent from my mrs iPad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 592
Thanks for that Nev
I will look at it in the next day or two as we have company staying for a couple of days.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you nev, but I have been rushed of my feet This last week. Will have a look this weekend.
Off to Yandels today.

I'm not up to speed with Apple these days as I stopped using an iPad a few years ago, but is there a Flickr App or similar?

If you setup auto-sync to a Flickr account, the pics will be backed up online, and available tough the Flickr share feature. This will let you embed the online copy at whatever size you choose and produce the html code you need to do it with for you, so you just copy and paste and the pic appears in your message.

I went for Flickr as I couldn't work out how to use the pic resize. Now it seems I can post the link but not the photo. Think I will go back to a ball of string and two empty bean cans for my communications :?

Thanks for all your help so far,
BTW I made that for my daughter some time ago have the WIP pics but will wait until I crack this before I post more.

Just to complicate matters my iPhone touch screen has gone on strike Grrrr

Flickr doesn't play nicely with iPad - or vice versa - as you can't copy the codes you need to post on a forum. You *can* use it to resize images, but it's a clunky way to go about it. Basically, once you've uploaded it to Flickr you download the image (download button on the bottom right) in a set of standard sizes / resolutions:-

image.jpg

This will open in your browser, where you can tap&ahold to bring up the 'Save image' option:-

image.jpg

Once saved to your photo library you can then post them here in the usual way. FWIW the above screen grabs were 3.5Mb images before they were resized in an app called "Image Size" which works well for me, and all made and posted from an iPad.

The resizing website linked to above also works well - gives you a file size target to work to, not just a pixel dimension, so many thanks to Nev for posting that.

HTH Pete

edited for spelling & clarity

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 408
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 409
Just seen that Tapatalk is free - well worth getting it for accessing Forums and posting photos direct with no hassle.

Rod

Well I now have picsize, Flickr and tapatalk on my iPad and can't make sense of any of them, I just don't seem to be seeing the same things as everybody else. If there is anybody out there who wouldn't mind me sending them a pm to save my embarrassing lack of computer skills I would be grateful. :oops:

Just want to thank all of you who took the time to help, I have just had a chat to Peter who was good enough to guide me through Using picsize. Thank you Peter.

Back