Possibly the worst promotional video I've ever seen

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is brilliant :lol:

Honestly ended up with tears running down my face I was laughing so much.

Not sure there is much wrong with the machine but the user should never be let anywhere near machinery or wood ever again. You would hope it's a spoof but not sure it is. Wouldn't know where to start in taking the wee.

Just at the end he presents us with an utterly useless piece of wood with a few bits randomly hacked from it just classic.

Thanks for brightening up my morning =D>

Beau":1kfvqnua said:
Just at the end he presents us with an utterly useless piece of wood with a few bits randomly hacked from it just classic.
Combined with music that suggests something truly wonderful has just happened before our eyes.

For what that machine might cost, the crew should have spent an extra Euro or two and bought a better piece of wood to butcher. Near the end, he is trying to force a block through the saw but it is too tall and keeps hitting the blade guard.

I tend to agree. The video did seem to rather lowlight functionality rather than highlight capabilities. It all looked a bit ham-fisted I must admit, and yes, I did pick up the butting of the wood against the underside of the crown guard towards the end.

I was struck by the operator's sometimes rather needless use of a push stick, and particularly the wearing of gloves, which have a bit of a reputation for sucking hands into moving parts if they get caught by spinning bits of metal. Generally the wearing of gloves during wood machining operations is discouraged, or at least that's always been the case in all the workshops I've worked in, although I'm not sure what the HSE advice or guidance is on the issue. Slainte.

Ok here is my list of faults of video but bet you can find more

1. Dust extraction hose wrinkled up.
2. Blade too high on the saw for cutting thin material..
3. Burnt the edge of angled cut of the chipboard.
4. Planing with safety guard barely in view.
5. Surface planes all four sides before thicknessing?
6. His gloves are way to big just add to the dangers.
7. Planes by just pressing down over the cutter
8. Lube the thicknesser table to stop the manky wet piece of softwood sticking.
9. Poor dust extraction on the first thicknesser cut.
10. Gets to the spindle and it's clear the wood he has just planed is neither flat nor square.
11. What on earth he was trying to cut on the slot mortiser I will never know but whatever it was it would have been easier if the tables moved more smoothly, oil?
12. Oh and the final cut on the saw the wood bumps into the riving knife. Presume it doesnt line up with the saw.

The other half also thought it funny and reckons the janitor got asked to do the demo.

Yes I have too much time on my hands but bet there is more dodgy aspects to be found :D

PS. A nicer piece of chipboard would have been nice.

I liked the way he had moved the fence up to the offcut when using the cross slide. Probably why it was burnt.

My favourite though is the careful choice of materials, harvested from a skip.

Latest posts

Back