portable DVD players

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Anyone got one

I am thinking of buying a cheapy on the way home tonight to use in the car for bored kids on long journeys and to play my collection of 20 or so woodworking DVDs in the workshop when sharpening tools or doing other boring tasks - in the house the abuse is becoming too much when Rob Cosman is talking :lol:

What about this one?

Philips PET706/05 7in Portable DVD

We got a philips for the good picture works well slight noise when loading disc then ok .The sound is ok but best with headphones.

I can only comment on Philips as a brand and my experiences with their laser based kit. Had two. Both duff. Mind you - that was a while ago but once bitten (or in my case, twice bitten).....tend to go for Sony or Panasonic these days.

Thought for the day. Whatever happened to Akai?

thanks guys particularly Alan

Not into films or TV much, so not at all clued up (loads of acronyms on the link that absolutely nothing to me) - not even got a wide screen tv, never mind flatscreen :lol:

I chose this one as it was cheap and mentioned DVD-R which is what a lot of my stuff is

Think I'll pick one up on the way home

Cheers Tony (who recommends a good book over a film any time)

Lovely :) watched DC's chisel DVD tonight whilst sharpening and doing a 'bit of woodwork' :wink:

the best way to view the DVD is with the waterstones out

Back