portable circular saw bosh -skil

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pecker

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning all. As someone who always buys good tools (I'm a trade user) I mistakenly decided to by a CK circular saw last year (well, it was going cheap!). It has been cr*p since day one and I want to replace it with a another 150/190mm saw.

I shall probably go for the Bosch blue gks65, but I see a lot of Skil Classics (also badged as Bosch 5866 (8655? sorry, not got it in front of me).

Has anyone any experience of these? The Skill is about £30 cheaper as rants about it's helical gears, but the bosch has a 3 year warrenty on it.

Opinions anyone?

Cheers Woody

A three year warranty with no large difference then I know what I would go for.

You would kick yourself if the skil gave up in 3 years in. (Well, and the saw too)

G

as it happens I actually got the Bosch saw yesterday although I wasn't planning to yet, just work ed that way. But yes you're right that is the reason I actually went for the bosch in the end.

My Bosch drill packed up after 3 days last year. Bosch were absolutly fantastic and I had a new replacement within a further 3 days.

Cheers
Woody

Latest posts

Back