Popped in to say Hi!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

planetWayne

Established Member
Reaction score
Hiya all!

Just a quick post to say 'hi' to everyone!

I've been a reader of the site for ages taking in all the project builds and W.I.P's (Its true that a picture can tell a better story!) and I find them fascinating!

I'm a bit of a latecomer to wood working with only realy doing a bit of DIY around the house as my 'day' job is in IT. I've found that looking at computer screens all day and managing networks doesn't seem to compare to making something that you can create and 'pick up' so to speak.

As a wannabe woodworker I've started to get a collection of power tools (sanders mainly! - for some unknown reason :oops: ) but nothing along the lines of peoples collection here but we have to start somewhere I guess :). I've got myself a router and created my own router table (a-la 'The Router Workshop' on the woodworking channel) and have been playing around with that. Learning the hard way which side of the cutter to use after catapulting a length of wood half way across the garden :roll: I've also built a bookcase / cupboard for under the stairs.

I'm also a 'user' of Sketch-up - some of my little sketch-ups are here no final pictures as yet but I'm working on it :)

Hope I haven't rattled on too much and look forward to talking to you all soon.

Cheers
Wayne.

Hi Wayne,

Welcome to the forum. Your link was caught by the spam trap as you are a new member. It will stop attacking you after three posts. Here it is:

http://www.planetwayne.com/gallery/Adventures-With-Wood

There are some great sketchup resources in the design forum. Mostly by our resident expert DaveR. He is has been setting some challenges recently, maybe you could participate?

TTFN

Hiya Simon!

Thanks for the reply! didn't realise I would be 'trapped' for linking (thought it was for embedding images :oops: )

I'll have a look at those design challenges as well - I'm no expert with SU but have to admit its one of the easiest cad programs I've come across.

Cheers
Wayne.

Wayne - welcome to the forum. As you've discovered by now, woodwork tools and especially the power tool variety can 'bite' and sometimes, if you aren't careful, you can get hurt. If you have any concerns over H&S issues in using the tools don't hesitate to ask...someone here will always pick up the query - Rob

Back