Poor service from Tool-Net.co.uk & DIYTools.co.uk

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizer

Established Member
Reaction score
1.)

I ordered myself a nice new Bosch GKS 55 CS from Tool-Net along with the Bosch guide rail system on 10/10/07. Didn't hear anything for a week so gave them a call. They told me the items where out of stock and would be in within 2 days. 4 days later, called back to get the same story. Then the baby arrived to it became insignificant. On Monday I called them to find out what was going on. They told me that the items would be sent the following day. On Friday morning I called again to be told that the parcel had been delivered?? Not to my knowledge! They promised to chase it up with UPS and call me back straight away. Nothing!

I have been waiting so long that I'm begining to think FESTOOL! Or maybe the EZ Guide system. Nightmare! Avoid this company please

2.)

Ordered som dust filters for the RSDE2 from DIY Tools on 8/10/07. Similar story, excuses all the way. Might have to get my money back through the credit card company with this one.

Just thought i'd share my experiences

WiZeR":do20bip6 said:
1.)

I ordered myself a nice new Bosch GKS 55 CS from Tool-Net along with the Bosch guide rail system on 10/10/07. Didn't hear anything for a week so gave them a call. They told me the items where out of stock and would be in within 2 days. 4 days later, called back to get the same story. Then the baby arrived to it became insignificant. On Monday I called them to find out what was going on. They told me that the items would be sent the following day. On Friday morning I called again to be told that the parcel had been delivered?? Not to my knowledge! They promised to chase it up with UPS and call me back straight away. Nothing!

I have been waiting so long that I'm begining to think FESTOOL! Or maybe the EZ Guide system. Nightmare! Avoid this company please

2.)

Ordered som dust filters for the RSDE2 from DIY Tools on 8/10/07. Similar story, excuses all the way. Might have to get my money back through the credit card company with this one.

Imo i'd steer clear of the bosch. I have had the gks65 for a few months and dont really rate it for the cost of the thing. There seems to be a bit of play in the blade like the motor bearings aren't tight. And the motor doesnt seem very smooth its sounds rattly.

Ive now got a hitachi c9u and the motor on that is really so much better, no play in the blade and i can cut really accuratly because it all spins so smooth.

WiZeR":1kfujfr5 said:
2.)

Ordered some dust filters for my RSDE2 from diytools on 04/10/07 - Delivered on 07/10/07 - I was following that RSDE2 filters thread of yours and ordered from them as a result - I wonder if I cleared out their stock by ordering 1 filter and 5 bags.

Quick update

Last spoke to ToolNet on Thursday, Called them at 16:30pm today to get some sort of update. Basically, after I went through the whole story again with them, I learned that absolutely nothing has happened since Thurs morning. I offered my ultimatum, a solution by midday tomorrow or my money back please. We'll see.

DIY Tools are ignoring me

:evil:

I've said it before, but will say it again:

Report these morons to Trading Standards. The same companies come up and time and again on these boards with the same issues, hence why I've never placed an order with the aforementioned companies or Rutlands, too many bad experiences are shared, hence I go elsewhere.

If no one complains to the authorities about these companies, they'll go on giving the same rubbish service and lying to people.

I think we as a nation are far too reticent in complaining and demanding good service, after-all their not doing you a favour, your spending your hard-earned with these companies.

On a lighter note, how's the baby Tom?

ByronBlack":d8otmnbl said:
On a lighter note, how's the baby Tom?

All going swimmingly mate, ta ;)

Toolnet just left me a message at 12:28pm ](*,) . UPS could take 10days to recover the parcel ](*,) . Toolnet are out of stock of the items so can not send me another ](*,) . (It occurs to me that this company doesn't keep ANY stock and everything is ordered direct from supplier.)

I have had a month to think about this and i'm now not sure I even want the saw. So i'm going to ask for my money back now.

Still trying to get hold of the other cowboys

Tom, you know where I am if you want to test drive the festool, you're more than welcome to come over and run a number of tests/tasks to get a feel for it.

Cheers Byron. I have actually experienced the traction beam that is festool. I'm still mulling it all over and if I need clarification I may take you up.

In the mean time, Tool-Net have agreed to refund me and I have shoved the money into an Hitachi C7BU2

I like the sound of this saw and wish i'd gone that route in the beginning.

Actually whilst writing this, the missus has given my leave for the North Woodworking show. So, seeing as the EZ guide people will be there, I may weigh up the differences then.

I'm sure you'll like the Hitachi - I had this saw and used it in a Triton Compact, it's very noisy but the build quality is good. I would ditch the blade that comes with it though and put in a decent aftermarket one.

Would you believe this is still going on! Both companies have promised to refund me and neither actually have! Just got off the phone to them and both promised to put the refund through today. We'll see!

Please steer clear of Tool-Net & DIYTools

WiZeR":zbclua2e said:
Actually whilst writing this, the missus has given my leave for the North Woodworking show. So, seeing as the EZ guide people will be there, I may weigh up the differences then.

Hi WiZer, did you get to see the EZ system - what did you think?

I noticed on the US Forum you were having a problem fitting the saw base - did you resolve it?

Cheers, John

Hi John

Yes I did buy the EZ system. I had problems due to my own ineptness and also because the saw I bought for the system had an unusually small base. This meant that there where hardly any places to drill holes. I decided to glue the base on. This was a personal decision, a bit risky but I think it is going to work out well. I have not had a chance to use the system with any anger yet.

Thanks

Back