Poolewood 28-40 Capacitor help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joel 123

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have just bought a Poolewood 28-40 and am having problems with the capacitor. When I bought the machine the capacitor wasn't working so I ordered a new one that was identical to the one in the machine. Oddly it was 400-480uF 110/125V capacitor running on a 240v supply. Is this normal? I had to get a replacement from America, it arrived and worked a few times then I turned it on and it blew!!

Before I order another from America does anyone have the same lathe and could they help me out by telling me the capacitor their motor runs off. I'm wondering if it's the wrong one.....

Any other reasons why it may have blown? Could it have been due to starting it whilst in a high speed setting or under too much load?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Joel

Perfectly possible that voltage is stepped down internally to 110v. Have you checked the service plate and looked for a manual to check what the diagram says should be there?

according to a quick surf, theres an electronic speed control upgrade, do you have that?

Back