Poisoned dogs.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have had various dogs over the years. The worse was a lurcher, he would and could eat anything, even if it had no food value. He had his stomach pumped after an episode with a load of easter eggs and was lucky to survive. Numerous disposable nappies. Though his most famous one was eating an enormous jar of vaseline, licking it clean and not showing any effects. He passed a perfect clear poo the next day.

My best/worst was my boxer coming into the kitchen and throwing up a fortnight old duck carcass in a polythene bag and three polythene doggy do bags (full) that some kind soul had thoughtfully lobbed over the garden wall. That was the stink to beat all stinks - the small bones had punctured all bags. She was most upset that I wouldn't let her eat it again. I did pull several Tesco carrier bags gently through her, some with things still in them.
Vile animal ... God, I loved her and miss her.

doctor Bob":1loumklm said:
Dogs eating things............. best one was pulling a pair of the wifes tights out of a dogs ar!*ehole, Paul Daniel's eat your heart out....... now that's magic!

From what I've seen, you really should not have done that, could have caused internal damage.

You have to take a few minutes and make sure there's absolutely no distress caused, I've found. It's obviously gone through the system OK up to that point. I think the dog would make it known if there were pain involved. I can't really imagine a vet would do much different to begin with? Any vets here?

phil.p":377ikk14 said:
You have to take a few minutes and make sure there's absolutely no distress caused, I've found. It's obviously gone through the system OK up to that point. I think the dog would make it known if there were pain involved. I can't really imagine a vet would do much different to begin with? Any vets here?

Pretty sure you're supposed to just let it pass naturally.

Mine only steals stuff if pint glasses are left lying around by guests.
af245c869f843b09e48313986cfdcb71.jpg

He does however think he's a flower :lol:

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Used to have a golden lab who would drool like a fawcet every time you opened a bag of pistachio nuts and just stare at you until you gave her some, didnt bother about much else though

I've always thought that only some dogs are alergic to chocolate, and some aren't.
Grapes, if eaten whole can cause physical problems (blockages) if the dog's gut is just the wrong size.

I had a Great Dane who would minesweep all the drip trays if he got behind a bar. He was absolutely terrified of cucumbers. :lol:
His prior owner was a friend so I don't think anything odd would ever have happened involving one.

phil.p":373lysy8 said:
Well, George has been throwing up again. I don't know what caused it - the punnet of peaches, the bag of nuts, the bag of figs and prunes or the glove. :D

edit - two punnets of peaches.

:lol: :lol: You need some higher shelves unless he's a mountain climber. We make sure we leave nothing in reach of ours as she'd certainly steal given the oportunity.

Back