plywood beech need ideas how to use it

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boboxsi

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

Today afternoon i receive 100 pcs plywood beech dimen. 25 x 25 cm thicknes 8 mm free of charge.
Now i do not know how to use it. Can you help me with any ideas.
Thank you

I would stack cut christmas decorations so you would be cutting 3 at a time. you could make a good few to sell, or just as presents for friends

Whoah, 100 pieces of 25 cm x 25 cm. You lucky chap. Christmas has certainly come early for you ;-)

I agree that Christmas ornaments would be a great idea. Our friend Steve Good has a lot of free ones you could download from http://stevedgo.ipower.com/cat/?page_id=2358

I also agree that stack-cutting is a great idea. Tape 3 pieces together, stick the pattern to the top piece and cut out the pattern. A stack of 3 x 8 mm of plywood would give you thickness of 24 mm so you 'might' get away with a #3 blade. If that doesn't seem to cut too well you might have to move up to a #5 blade.

Best of luck with your choice of pattern and please post pictures of your work.

Barry

First when they call me they just want 100 eur and i did not want to take it because i is only 8 mm thick and i am in the zone of laser cut.
Than they call me again because no one wants to have it and they give it for free. Guy in production of chair set up wrong dimensions and start production.

Thank you for all advise

Wow, that still sounds like a good deal.

"Only 8 mm thick" you say. I normally use 1.5 mm or 3 mm for most of the work I do so think that 8 mm is pretty thick, but it depends what you are making I guess.

Barry

Nice bit of free stuff you have there, you don't need to use it all now, store it for later. With 8mm ply I personally would only stack cut a max of 2 at a time, if you do 3 then we are talking about 24mm ply which is 1 inch which is not impossible for a decent saw but it would be quite hard going IMHO.

You make a little letter rack like the one below--

Letter rack 3.JPG

or a ships wheel--

Ships wheel calendar.JPG

Attachments

• Letter rack 3.JPG
    Letter rack 3.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 726
  • Ships wheel calendar.JPG
    Ships wheel calendar.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 726
JohnRB":2rd7b6hk said:
Hi Scrimper

I love the letter rack, where did you get the pattern from, would love to make on of those.

John

I will have to search through my patterns, it's a modified Hobbies Ltd pattern from days of old. I took a field maple leaf from my orchard and scanned it then using Coreldraw I modified the original pattern to the one you see here. will take me a while to find it.

Back