Ply suppliers in Birmingham

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radicalwood

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am looking for a ply supplier in birmingham, that will cut the boards so I can get them into my estate. need 2 sheets of 3/4 birch ply
Does anyone know who or where.

cheers
Neil

Neil.

Not sure where about in Birmingham you are, but B & Q in Redditch stocks a fair bit of ply and will cut it to size for you.

Bob

Have you tried Pages in Northfield (Church Road). It's years since I've been there so don't know what services they provide these days (even though I live about half a mile from there now).

You could try West Midlands Plywood, Milport Lane, Wednesbury, West Midlands tel:0121 505 0234. I purchased 1.5mm aircraft plywood from them a year or so back and they delivered it to my door at no extra cost because they had a wagon that was already scheduled to head out in my direction.

Gill

You could try Vincent timber on the Bristol Rd in Selly Oak if they haven't closed down yet.

I was there a few weeks ago and they were selling everything at half price or less.

Steve

stix":bhxaza2n said:
You could try Vincent timber on the Bristol Rd in Selly Oak if they haven't closed down yet.

I was there a few weeks ago and they were selling everything at half price or less.

Steve

Too late, they've already closed down.

Hello Neil.
I think all the places i know have been mentioned here,although i will just add that when i was looking for Birch ply last time i was told about Chinese birch ply which was apparently just as good as the Russian,but half the price.
Never tried it but worth considering i should think.

Andys wood shed wrote
Lots of local people here
Could start our own little club

And theres a few more.
Good idea.Perhaps we could have local get togethers.
Paul.J.

Hi Guys,

A local meeting sounds like a good idea. Maybe after easter.

Andy Birmingham boards said they do not have a cutting service when I called in.

Dad, I had not even thought about Pages, never been in will have to call in and see what they do. We must almost be neighbors. live in the Austin village.

Gill, will give them a try

Cheers Neil

Great Barr Saw Mills have a cutting service. Free.
Pay for your boards or timber, wander through to the cutting room and hand the guy a drawing. Sit down and wait. Go home and assemble your 'piece'. It's that simple. They will even select boards for you and bring them through. You don't need to touch it 'til they have cut it.

I might add, I use the cutting service only to avoid putting a roof-rack on my nice new car. I should have kept the old one just for carting long lengths of timber.

But it makes sense to cut 8x4 sheets down to manageable wind-proof sizes!

I am sure Great Barr Sawmills do birch ply.

Junction 7 M6 is the one to leave by.

HTH.
John :)

Hi Shultzy,

Pick it over and find the short-ringed lengths and you'll should be okay.
Sometimes it's sticky, it's that wet, but it's better than B&Q. I usually buy 6 x 4's, and rip it down after a few weeks in the workshop.
Their timber is stored on end, which I don't like, but it isn't wrapped in plastic, unless you go into the 'duffers' section! Which I am sure you wouldn't.
HTH

John

Having just come across this thread, I will undoubtedly find it very useful. Some very useful contacts and of course, Vincents had to close in the end, given their prime rela estate location as did Dawson's in Kings Heath not far from me

Back