Ply Eagle

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonluv

Established Member
Reaction score
Not really working but will finish it and see what I can do with paint or varnish
The talons were a sod to cut or rather the infills I often wonder if designers do patterns just to prove how good they are as designers?

Any way will soldier on but at the moment the bin is looking favourite

John

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 934
jonluv":s7hk71p4 said:
......... the bin is looking favourite

Now you're just showing off! :lol:
I know it is always difficult to tell from a photograph, but it is looking pretty good to me.

Close up there is some iffy staining but mixed a stronger mix and that has covered a lot of the areas much better.
The eye needs work and the "base" is really streaky don't think I can do much about that
Will give it some thought over the weekend and revisit Monday

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 895
Would second that it looks good, remember that when we are working on our projects, we literally get too closely involved and can't always be truly objective. The base (and the rest of it) looks fine, and any streakiness that you are seeing, to the unknowing looks like natural rock or wood would (?!) Please tell us you weren't serious about binning it, it is a lovely piece of work

Yes was serious but just got back from visit up North and looked at it again and I see what you mean about "rock" I suppose it could be taken for strata

Anyway will see what I can do this afternoon and make decision later

Many thanks for your comments

John

Worked on the eye and put a bit of varnish on ---will take it to Fair on Saturday to what people think

The "strata" is looking good

John

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 735
Back