Plus net your views and recommedation

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
At present with Virgin fibre broadband and telephone.

Plus net offered me a better rate yesterday, anytime telephone calls all numbers excetp 09 but a slower broadband @£25.49 per month.

Are they anygood?

I think plusnet are ok unless you have problem, then you have a big problem.

Im with plusnet and touch wood, have had no problems, but online reviews show lots of customer service issues. Bear in mind though that for a service like broadband or insurance, people only bother to write reviess when they have a grievance.

If you are happy with the reliability and service from Virgin, I would stay with them. -its not worth the few quid saving for the risk.

I've been a happy plus net customer for 10+ years. In that time generally everything has just worked as it should, i've had to contact their customer support twice; once for a line fault, and they had the BT engineer visit to repair the fault the next day, and once for a billing issue when I changed bank account. Both issues were sorted out promptly over the phone.

I've been with Plus Net for about five years now and they've been fine.
Very fast service here, a couple of line problems which were sorted as fast as could be hoped. I've not found a better deal anywhere else.

RobinBHM":cvz04hbo said:
I'm with plusnet and touch wood, have had no problems, but online reviews show lots of customer service issues. Bear in mind though that for a service like broadband or insurance, people only bother to write reviess when they have a grievance.

Moreover, if you're big (and Plus Net are very big) you have more customers.

If a tiny local ISP with 1000 customers has a 0.1% problem rate, you have 1 unhappy customer to post a bad review.

If Plus Net has 1 million customers, and the same same 0.1% problem rate, that's 1000 bad reviews.

So Plus Net might appear 1000 x worse, on a simplistic reading of review sites.

BugBear

I think your priorities are wrong, dw. Is it really worth all the aggro chasing halfpennies down drains to migrate to PlusNet ? If you were unhappy with Virgin then yes, give it some thought but not for the sake of a few quid.

They have been bumping me the past two years. I don't need high speed broadband so why should I pay high rates. Up around 30% over past two years. So they get the chop unless I get a bonus!

You're also leaving a cable network which isn't something I'd necessarily day is a good thing. I've been with virgin for years, and the broadband performance is far better than the competitors' offerings. I'd encourage you to stay where you are.

DW, if you are dead set on leaving Virgin then take a look at Zen who we have been using for many years. They regularly score very high in customer service rankings..often at the top.

I think most folks on low speed broadband would give their eye teeth for high speed - I certainly wouldn't want to go back!

Rod

Got a £6 reduction, broadband back to 20gb. and lost 0845 numbers so I will have to use the net to find replacement numbers for0845.

I'm with plusnet and been very happy with them. Also got mobile calls included on their fixed rate deal, which is a big bonus.

They are owned by BT but operate independently, at least they did last time I checked.

I am not happy with them. beware-t97852.html

I still have a problem with them double charging me for my inclusive calls package. Any time I try to call them I get a recorded message saying that they are very busy and that the current waiting time is in excess of 30 minutes. E-mails are just ignored.

I will admit I've not had to call them for a few years, I wonder if they've overstretched themselves with the recent advertising campaign.

beech1948":2t4up2xw said:
Plus net is owned by BT.

BT is one of the worst service providers out there.

Shurely shome mishtake. There can only be one 'worst'.

Sorry :?

Cheers

Dave

I think all service providers are good when the service works but when it goes wrong is when you get what you pay for. If you need good reliable broadband and excellent service then Zen get my vote - they are excellent.

I only get 2mb at home but Virgin are currently digging up the road so soon I'll be able to get a lot more. Which will be great as I work in IT and have loads of connected devices etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DiscoStu":1u7yzjuy said:
I think all service providers are good when the service works but when it goes wrong is when you get what you pay for. If you need good reliable broadband and excellent service then Zen get my vote - they are excellent.

I only get 2mb at home but Virgin are currently digging up the road so soon I'll be able to get a lot more. Which will be great as I work in IT and have loads of connected devices etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 Zen have been faultless.

We currently get 6Mbps and they are running FTTC round our way as part of the Fastershire project. Only thing is that Openreach or whoever put our cabinet in the flood zone and it got flooded !

Back