plunge saw- which?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After watching various vids on all of them - Festool. The mafell seemed a bit backward in some of it's adjustments etc. One thing that stuck out for me was the depth adjustment for track/ no track use. Turning that ickle knob thingy????? Festool it's done and fixed, you read straight off 2 differing levels on the depth gauge. :)

Only have experience of the Festool TS55; on this basis, it is a well made and well thought out saw.

My only gripe is I didn't buy it sooner.

I have had my Mafel 55 since 02 and its been really worked hard cutting roofs , trimming doors ,ripping full depth hardwoods softwood and even soggy wood on site. In the workshop after that sort of abuse you would think it would be useless at accurate work but no its spot on . One little niggle i have with it is the rise and fall lever is getting a bit stiff ,ok to plunge down but back up is stiff. I dont know what the festool is like its quite a bit cheaper in price but that may be because they sell well and is nothing to do with the quality. For a good all round carpentry the Mafel is the business tuff and reliable.

Cheers Bern. :D

thanks guys, went with the festool on a deal from d & M in the end.
message for gill, cant reply to your message. site wont let me. Try andrew crawfords site fr the smarthinge, alternatively ian hawthorne for the neat hinge

andydann":2yu3f189 said:
thanks guys, went with the festool on a deal from d & M in the end.
message for gill, cant reply to your message. site wont let me. Try andrew crawfords site fr the smarthinge, alternatively ian hawthorne for the neat hinge
Well done you will enjoy it.

As to the PM's, just one more post and you can reply. ;)

Latest posts

Back