Please Santa

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need to get together with that Ian Dalziel fellow - I think he's got a couple of jet engines knocking about in his workshop :shock: :shock:

Just pop the engines in; hang the Harrier from the workshop ceiling & you've got instant 100% dust extraction with those vectored thrust nozzles :D :D

Tibb wrote:

Just pop the engines in

I can see all sorts of reasons why this wouldn't work as a dust extractor but the main one I 'spose is that a Harrier has only got one engine :lol: :lol: - Rob

Has anyone worked out the static pressure loss experienced by a Harrier engine trying to suck down 4in flexible hose?

Scrit

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think they may well implode! :shock: :shock: :roll:

....and then another reason is that you could hang the Harrier from the 'shop roof with a bit of baler twine, fire up the motor and it would agreed, suck up everything thru' the intakes but then it would blow it all out again thru' the exhaust...it would be like trying to work in the middle of a almighty sand storm :cry: ....need some good ear muffs tho'...... :roll: :roll: :roll: Apart from one or two other small details, the job might be doo able - Rob

Funnily enough I was at the some RAF workshops at ******** the other day and there is a decommed Sea Harrier lurking in the shadows that can be bought. Maybe this could be my all time car boot sale item! :roll: :wink:
Regards
Martin

OK OK you guys! :oops: :oops:
I guess I had that coming!
Still I do love having a go at the odds and sods and worry about it afterwards.
It constantly amazes me just how much weird stuff there is out there waiting for a sucker, I mean entrepreneur like me to come along. :lol: :lol:
Cheers all,
Martin

Back