Please help identify this lathe.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonrms

Established Member
Reaction score
I have aquired it... it is as is from the factory.. ie you can tell it hasnt been messed with.. apart from the adapter to house the chuck.. it has that on it.

but what is it?? It has a induction motor, several speeds, single pipe bed, yes right now its clamped down on a board.. but I am struggling to find any details of who made it... it is well made.. and I dont believe it to be a fern, but where might I look... I havnt touched it since its been delivered a day ago... so its still on the trolly.

here are a couple of photos.. will take more if required... probably will need to!

dscf7177.jpg

By jonrms at 2011-04-19

dscf7178.jpg

By jonrms at 2011-04-19

here are some more photos...
not sure if this will help.. but I will take more to show.. it does have another spindle on the other side with a red plastic cover so you can do larger bowls etc... will also later remove the belt cover.. might be something hidden under there... but not sure... heres more photos for those who might be able to assist.

dscf7181d.jpg

By jonrms at 2011-04-19

dscf7186m.jpg

By jonrms at 2011-04-19

dscf7185d.jpg

By jonrms at 2011-04-19

dscf7180z.jpg

By jonrms at 2011-04-19

thanks Russell.. its the same colour as record etc.. hard to describe.. as I said I will do some more digging... take it off that trolly and capture any other evidence I can find.. this is too good to be a nutool product.. the castings on them are rubbish.. this is a good quality one.

Hi,

I have the same one branded Nutool, i thing they where made for lots of different companys.

Pete

cheers for that.. can you give me a pic of yours please.. I want to see if its a sticker or something because there is no casting markings on it.. hence why I know its not a record...

I've got a draper lathe that looks exactly the same, will post some photos if I can. It's exactly the same as a Clarke CWL12D, I ordered spares direct from Clarke, and they fit perfectly.

As previously mentioned its the same colour as my Nutool lathe, however i was thinking about the date on the motor 1993, and my guess at that time the main importer of these type of lathes would have been Poolewood but as stated before i think most of the accesories for these lathes are interchangeable between badged manufacturers, i would guess they are all made in the same factories and badged up here after they are imported. hope this helps

Craig

Latest posts

Back