Please help. Bandsaw access needed.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coote

Established Member
Reaction score
Dear UK Workshop members,
Please help. I am in need of access to a bandsaw. I have to make 50 bracelet stands for a friend and I cant make the oval bases using my router (as it tears the wood when going against the grain and feels treacherous) or my jigsaw (as the blade runs out of true). The bases are Tulip wood and are 20mm thick.
I live in North London and would be most appreciative if I could use someone's bandsaw for an hour or so. I am very nice and could buy you a beer or three!
Many thanks in advance,
Tom

I have a bandsaw not doing a lot at the moment and would be willing to help, once the new paint on the garage floor decides to dry itself!

Riclepp,
That would be grand. Although I fear I (and you) may have a bit of a wait for paint to dry when its so cold.... :)

Hi,

It is drying allbeit slowly, but having to pint the floor in sections there are unpainted areas to use. Anyway, the offer is there.

Regards

Richard,
Thank you so much for you kind offer. I have found a way forward using a template and the router which means no tearout! :) Unfortunatly I have been laid up with the flu and have not had the strength to do anything (hence the long delay in responding to your message). 35 more stands to make......

Thanks again for the offer.
Cheers,
Tom

If you're ever in the New Forest area you're welcome to use my bandsaw, I'm in Lymington.

Coote":3iwroc51 said:
Richard,
Thank you so much for you kind offer. I have found a way forward using a template and the router which means no tearout! :) Unfortunatly I have been laid up with the flu and have not had the strength to do anything (hence the long delay in responding to your message). 35 more stands to make......

Thanks again for the offer.
Cheers,
Tom

Hi Tom

I do hope you have recovered from your bout of flu. And the offer still stands, if you fell the need to speed thngs up :)

Regards

Richard

Latest posts

Back