Please don't laugh it's my first attempt with a camcorder!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Scrimper,

excellent work!

get a lapel mike (lavelier) sony do a great one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

This will help with the machine noise, ive also found this useful, but I move around a lot when I do my vids.

https://www.onedigitals.co.uk/sony-ecm- ... oC2G3w_wcB

to edit your vids together Microsoft do a free basic editor which will join them together automatically, it also allows title slide and various effects and is very simple to use. its called Movie maker and Is part of essentials, just pick the bits you want:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/movie-maker

nothing wrong with your work, you need to see some of the rubbish I put on there!!

Mark

Personally, I watched the videos about 3 mins after you posted them. i wouldn't have a clue about editing etc which is why I didnt post sooner but despite the breaks I watched all of them and enjoyed them thoroughly. I'd definitely watch more. Was a pleasure. I love the measured pace. :D
Cheers and I look forward to the next ones. When you sort the editing out I hope they take off.

Chris

Excellent job, Scrimper. Good watchable video and tips for newcomers and experienced alike. =D> Makes me wish I was sorted out in the new garage so I could get to the saw.

scrimper, just absolutely EXCELLENT!

=D>

Just about every point that I mentioned you have now covered - even the saw noise was somehow not quite so prevalent - no Uhmms & Ahhhhhs, and just as you say, the one-off "Oops, I've forgotten what I was going to say" adds just a touch of "naturalness" to the whole thing - focus on the actual cutting was 1st class, one could see everything - blade mention and speed setting all there - and really, everyone has an accent (except me of course!), so please don't worry about it. My wife (Swiss) could understand every word.

I watched this latest as if I was a complete "scrolling silly person" newbie (quite easy to do in my case!) and honestly, IMHO it just couldn't have been better to help a beginner produce a success first time out.

The fact that you've had previous movie experience (albeit in a different format), and the fact that you're obviously a real natural, really shines through.

(And BTW, I've now seen your separate saws description video too - Diamond/Hegner - which was similarly very informative).

And you're dead right, any mistakes on lettering sticks out like a bulldog's whatsits, and double letters make it even worse - see below :D

Box 2-C2.jpg

Now I need to see your take on lettering.

Thanks for your videoing.

AES

Edit for P.S: "Jeannette" is how they spell "Janet" here (blimey!) and "Dekupiersage" is their name for scroll saw here.

AES

Attachments

• Box 2-C2.jpg
    Box 2-C2.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 919
Hi scrimper, I agree with all the comments above, a really superb series of videos that I will look through a bfew time to elp me get into scrolling, as I have don very little. I will keep the links, which should all be put on one link for newcomers. Many thanks indeed.
Malcolm

Thanks for your kind comments Malcolm, these are my first attempts at making videos, I am hoping I can make some more covering basic cutting, types of saws and usage, patterns and pattern making and history of Hobbies Ltd. I do have plenty of ideas in my head as long as people find the videos interesting I will hopefully carry on with them.

John

Top videos Scrimper; very instructive in a friendly manner

Move over Steve Ramsey, Scrimper de man now !!

You folks are just too kind! :)

FWIW I have the next instalment in the camera and will put it up tomorrow to show the completed item.

Just finished watching those, I've seen all the series now and I rate them highly. You've got a lovely pleasing tone and a genuine interest and enthusiasm. I don't feel you were boasting in the slightest, you were proud of your work and rightly showing it to people; showing what can be made and what you've made.

Keep up the good work.

I agree with Aggragig completely - your enthusiasm and capability show through and if anyone is even slightly interested in the scroll saw, your films will definitely spark them into life.

=D>

Excellent stuff, well done Sir.

The only thing I regret is that you didn't show the cutting of the lettering. Pity, I was hoping to learn something, 'cos as you say, it's NOT easy (anyway, I don't find it easy, far from it).

AES

AES":ojnuuhs5 said:
The only thing I regret is that you didn't show the cutting of the lettering. Pity, I was hoping to learn something, 'cos as you say, it's NOT easy (anyway, I don't find it easy, far from it).

AES

I was going to show it but I was worried that the whole thing was getting too long.

Back