Play time

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Well had a bit of play time in the shed. I wanted to do a bit more texturing and colouring I still have a long way to go.
Not sure of the wood on this one it measures 7" X 2 1/2" and stained with spirit stains and gold gilding cream the texturing was done using a B & Q cheap mini Arbortech tool.

C & C as always

DSCF5379-001_zpsq0n9iolj.jpg

DSCF5383-001_zpsgpxtpbzd.jpg

I like that

would it look better if you had defined the edges of the texturing
maybe just a parting tool to make it "crisp"

just a thought and no offence meant

Steve

You've pulled the gold tint off perfectly, very nicely done - I wouldn't mind a brief "how to" on that!

I see what Steve means, but is that the effect of the camera catching the points where your abrotech thingy leaves the edge slightly lower in some places than in others? Shame you don't know the wood, may have a big impact on why it took the gold so well - I've only tried it once so far, and didn't get anything like such nice results.

SteveF":2t4wz1le said:
I like that

would it look better if you had defined the edges of the texturing
maybe just a parting tool to make it "crisp"

just a thought and no offence meant

Steve

I know what you mean Steve I think I should have done a little rim of black which would have hidden it rather than highlight where the texture leaves the edge.

No offence taken just get my own back later :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you Nic the gold is from an art shop I have two pots one covers better than the other. As for the wood Steve knows what it is he gave it to me

Latest posts

Back