Planer Thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zag73

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

Is there a general level of tolerance for how coplanar the infeed and outfeed tables on a planer thicknesser should be when set to zero. My machine is coplanar to within 0.15mm. My gut feeling is that this is adequate. Im guessing it can’t be as flat as hand place as the surface area is significantly bigger. Am i correct in this?

Thanks in advance.

Does it make the wood flat enough for what you make?

I’m obsessed with tools being flat, true and square and can get lost in trying to get them as such. I have to remind myself of the above question when I’ve lost (enjoyed) a weekend of tool fettling.

My gut feeling is that this is adequate
Just remember what you are working with, wood has movement and your tables will be fine. I agree with @Fitzroy in that precision can become obsessive but you must bear in mind what you are making and if the wood is flat enough for what you make then great.

It planes very fllat and square. Ample for what I need. Just wondered if there was any accepted deviances between the infeed and outfeed tables. It’s the Axminster apt260 I have . Great machine. Would definitely recommend it.

Back