Planer Extraction - Perform CCDE2 or CCDE5002 - ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OPJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello again,

I'm still in the market for a form of extraction for my Perform CCNPT planer thicknesser. With Axminster's latest sale in mind, I've narrowed it down to one of two choices; either the 'portable' Perform CCDE2 or the smaller CCDE5002.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/find.asp

Now, the most important thing to remember is that this purchase is solely for my p/t. Therefore, the quiet running feature of both appeals to me. Perhaps also for a lathe in the distant future....
I'd like to go with the CCDE2, I really would. But with workshop space limited as things stand, I may have to go for the smaller option - which, undoubtabley, would require emptying more often.

I can't see much between these two machines, other than their size and the odd feature. What experience do the members of these forums have with either of this machines; whatever badge or colour they may be under?

I understand both are basic 'chip collectors', which is fine for me and my respirator.

I've also noticed a good price for 100mm hose on the Charnwood.net site. You get nothing with the CCDE5002 and only 600mm with the CCDE2! :shock:

Basically, I'm trying to decide if to purchase one would be better than to purchase the other. They're doesn't really seem to be a lot between the two (in my eyes, anyway) and with limited space, I'm tempted to go with the smaller one and fix it to the wall.

As always, I'd appreciate you views.

Thanks,

Take it the 5002 is a newer version of the CCDE500 in the catalogue ?

I'm in the same boat - recently bought a planer thicknesser,and having used it,now decided how much nicer a chip collecter would be :D

I have a table that I put the P/T on when in use,and am thinking of getting the CCDE500 and mounting it underneath the table to make the P/T and chip collector a self-contained unit - space-saving being one reason for this,of course.

But same as Oswaldo,all opinions welcome.

Andrew

I think you're right Andrew, they did have it advertised as a 'New Product' in one of their latest sale catalogues.

I have also decided to go with the smaller 5002. I just don't have the space for anything bigger although I've found a nice clear space on the wall from which to hang it from.

...Just as soon as Axminster get more stock in though; second week in August, I've been told.

I doesn't come with any 100mm hose though, beware. People seem to speak highly of the stuff on Charnwood's website though at £8 a metre - that's where I'm heading next! :wink:

Sorry, I can't comment on either model but, Just a thought that you've already loosely mentioned. P/T can produce a lot of waste. They fill the sacks/bins quite quickly, so with that in mind if you use the machine a fair old bit, would it not make sense to go for the bigger machine? we all know what a pain it is to have to stop every so often and empty the damn things :roll:

Mark

Back