Planemaker R Head

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyT

Established Member
Reaction score
In the same batch of old planes I've been talking about in another thread there was this snipe bill:

IMG_4288.jpg

IMG_4293.jpg

IMG_4289.jpg

It looks quite old and the name is quite clear - R HEAD:

IMG_4292.jpg

However, the name is not listed in British Planemakers 2nd edition. I wonder if anyone on here has the third edition (which seems to be even scarcer than some of the planes) or any other source of any information or dates for Mr Head?

Thanks Alf. I guess the trail has gone cold pretty quickly!

Hmmmm :?

R Head - Possibly Richard Head, more commonly abreviated to "Dick" ? :lol: :lol:

I went to school with a Richard Head - Most unfortunate.

I suppose it could be an owner's or retailer's stamp?

Richard T":6x3wveu1 said:
I went to school with a Richard Head - Most unfortunate.

Richard Head is one thing - I had a good friend at school when I was doing my O levels callled John Thomas!!!

I also did some work for a Mrs T Baggs a few years ago but the best one was when I did a project for a Mrs Cockaday, all was fine until she told me her first name was Nora!

I can see we are hijacking this thread :wink:

In our final year at shool we had a new statistics teacher who insisted on calling the students either "Miss" or "Master".

First name on the register?

"Master Bates"

Cheers

Karl

i used to know a girl called Theresa Tickle - for some reason she didnt like to be called Tess :lol:

There's a well known make of Impedance Analysers... Wayne Kerr

Similarly, a Hong Kong guy on my university course preffered to use his "English first name" making him James King, as his actual name was Wan. He had been in England for over a year before someone told him.

One of our gym teachers at school... Miss Tingle, never got that one till years later.

An anaethetist I heard of pronounced "Doctor D-ath"... spelled Dr Death.

Mental health orderly my mum used to work with, first name... Fitz. Similarly, I never found that funny till years later.

Mexican guy I used to work with Juan Bolle, again I missed it at the time

Didn't owners use to samp their tools not just makers? Some of mine have my great grandfather's initials on

Aidan

Latest posts

Back