Plane restoration

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10th stage reseat the frog.

How, just slap it back in? or lap it so it seats well. One of the most important things to do IMHO.

Pete

Racers":37dio9mn said:
10th stage reseat the frog.

How, just slap it back in? or lap it so it seats well. One of the most important things to do IMHO.

Pete

Absolutely! Some of the frogs I have encountered have casting beading which means the frog only rests on the bed at about three points not all over. Lapping the two with each other makes a far better bed.

I think that vicious is correct but some (like the ones he shows) are beyond gentle treatment. Mostly left in a shed to rot for many years!

Jim

jimi43":2oap655x said:
Absolutely! Some of the frogs I have encountered have casting beading which means the frog only rests on the bed at about three points not all over.

How about both surfaces covered in (maker's original) paint !?

BugBear

bugbear":1pfmvqvo said:
How about both surfaces covered in (maker's original) paint !?
Ah, yes. I've got a Record SP4 like that. A high quality piece of tooling (not!). At least it stops the surfaces from rusting while I decide whether to throw it away or try to on-sell it to another mug (I being the last mug in the line so far...)

Cheers, Vann.

Back