PIV loft mounted units

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depending on the outside temperature and other factors within your house it may not be possible to remove window condensation completely.
A window vacuum is a great bit of kit for the winter (useful the rest of the year too), they can collect a lot of water quickly and efficiently and then you can pour it down the drain, much better than trying to evaporate it and collect in a dehumidifier.

Depending on the outside temperature and other factors within your house it may not be possible to remove window condensation completely.
A window vacuum is a great bit of kit for the winter (useful the rest of the year too), they can collect a lot of water quickly and efficiently and then you can pour it down the drain, much better than trying to evaporate it and collect in a dehumidifier.

I could do that each morning, but you still end up with that horrible black gunk around the seal all night which can't be good?

I clean my windows on a regular basis as part of my normal cleaning so not really an issue for me.

there were still droplets on the bottom of the window in the morning,
It took about a week before the windows were totally dry in the mornings. I haven't seen any condensation for weeks now.
Hurry up and do something and report back so we can compare. LOL

It took about a week before the windows were totally dry in the mornings. I haven't seen any condensation for weeks now.
Hurry up and do something and report back so we can compare. LOL

Will do.

I'll leave it set to a target of 50%RH 24/7 and see what happens after a week.

Yes, I managed to run pipes to every room in the house. Extracts in the bathrooms, kitchen and laundry and vents to all other rooms.

I bought a £30 anemometer and made a contraption to measure flow at each vent. This made it easy to balance the vent vs extract of air and to provide the correct flow of air for the given room size. I run the system at about 5% positive pressure to try and counter any small drafts around doors etc.
Thanks for that. I chickened out and ran extracts from one of the en-suites, the bathroom, downstairs loo and utility room. All four areas without any natural ventilation and so a no-brainer and the main driver for getting the system. Just one return downstairs in the hall. Embarrassed to admit that it awaits final connection and commissioning. I do have another en-suite that hasn't got any extract as yet (but does have a window). The bedroom windows (single-glazed) get a lot of condensation but I put a few humidity meters in en-suite and bedroom to see if there was any noticeable difference between areas...expecting the ensuite to be much higher especially after a shower but there wasn't. I put it down to the missus getting steamy o_O

No it's more complicated than that.
So last night around 18:00 the RH was 58% and the temp was 18.5
I lit the stove and vented it from outside.
At around 23:00 the temp was 25.2 and the RH was 54%

Tonight around 18:00 the temp was 18.2 and the RH was 58% and after venting the stove from inside at 22:58 the temp is 25.8 and RH 53%

What can we draw from this?

Back